KDE Plasma Mobile Is Beginning To Look Surprisingly Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynic View Post
    I can't actually say why, but I find everything KDE-related awful.
    One element could be the font choice I guess, but also the squarish look.

Sorry KDE people
    Same here. KDE is full of effects and is properly optimized but for some reason it doesn't feel modern. They need to hire people to focus exclusively on the small touches in the UI. Small touches make a big difference; things like missing border or separator, or unnecessary border, or inconsistent behaviour across toolkits.

Comment

Sorry KDE people
      I'm not really a "KDE people", on desktops I prefer XFCE, but I'm more concerned whether or not a UI design is functional, intuitive, and easily understood than what color choices the default theme uses. If KDE can deliver that, someone else will come along and create an "not ugly" theme for it or create one myself. I'd very much like a usable touch oriented UI available when Windows 8.1 is finally dropped from supported status for my still-quite-useful Lenovo quasi-tablet. Right now, NONE of the Linux distros even come close to being usable on it.

Comment

The grey backdrop on the app draw looks a bit outdated, the modern look would be to simply blur the desktop when the app draw is open.

Comment

Plasma has literally the best most modern UI of any Linux desktop. Y'all act like just because the default theme sucks everything does.

As for the last post, blur on the background was modern circa 2014. It's not modern now.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Are you saying that from looking just at the screenshot? If so, then you are wrong.
            KDE has used rounded rectangles in several places, plus it is customizable if you don't like the default look.
            No, I'm saying that as an ex old user

Comment

Looks is extremely overrated. How does it work?, performance?, devices?, easy to maintain?

Comment

I love KDE dearly on desktop and can't wait till Mobile is ready for a daily driver ^^

Comment

I hope they'll remove those legacy buttons and will use Sailfish like gestures for most things.

Comment

Sorry KDE people
                    Same thoughts here but mostly for those stupid names. I have no idea what Kaidan, Okular or vvave will do for me as both the silly names and the design don't explain nothing. (As a well designed UI should do)

EDIT: OK, this nerdish "v v" in vvave will mean a w, so wave, so a music player?
                    Last edited by George99; 11 October 2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Same here. KDE is full of effects and is properly optimized but for some reason it doesn't feel modern. They need to hire people to focus exclusively on the small touches in the UI. Small touches make a big difference; things like missing border or separator, or unnecessary border, or inconsistent behaviour across toolkits.
                      KDE directly doesn't really hire anyone, it's a community, but you can feel free to join the KDE Visual Design Group at any time, every help is appreciated and we already work as much as we can: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/design

Comment

Working...
                      X