Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral's New Linux Port Is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Phoronix: Feral's New Linux Port Is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The "massive" new Linux game teased yesterday by porting house Feral Interactive is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is indeed big news, an AAA game coming out for linux a mere 4 weeks after the Windows release. Unfortunately it's not the game I would have liked to come out. In fact, I purchased the game on release day only to play it for 65 minutes and request a refund for all the nastiness surrounding the game (hint: micro-transactions, save-locked items). As much as I want to encourage AAA games being ported to linux, I can't in good faith support a game that goes against players in the name of a few dollars more.

Comment

Awesome, was looking to pick this game up at some point and this just makes that an even more likely prospect. Would've loved to see them get Human revolution ported as well but just Mankind Divided will be good enough.

Sidenote: Is it just me or has using this forum from a mobile device taken a shitty turn. Not only can't you quote other peoples posts but it's not posting parts of the post that i've pasted into the box

Comment

OK, instabuy for me once it's out. Maybe with an other GPU if mine is not enough (which I hope it is - 6870).

Of course, micro transactions are a downside, but they are optional.

SpyroRyder : try landscape.

Comment

Vulkan, I hope?

Comment

Oh the single player game that has a cash shop, good bye

Comment

Sounds like something worth benchmarking... if it has a benchmarking option?

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                Vulkan, I hope?
                Unfortunately not very likely. The sales page specifically lists Metal support on Apple, if it had Vulkan on Linux I'm sure it would've been in the same paragraph.

Comment

It would be fine if Vulkan... at least so that Michael can compare DX12 vs Metal vs Vulkan first time in hitsory

Comment

That would be real Mankind Divided

Comment

Working...
                    X