Feral's New Linux Port Is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    There's only one Deus-Ex which is good: Deus-Ex "the original" 1. All beyond went down the drain more and more.
    I disagree. The original was great - it's still pretty advanced even by today's standards. The 2nd was crap. But Human Revolution had a great story and was well-made. I'd say the only problem with the game is the augments are seriously unbalanced. That, and some choices you make can exponentially increase the difficulty level. There was a point where I had to revert back my save by 2 hours because I was completely unprepared for this particular boss fight (some of you probably know what I'm talking about, though I still chose the harder path anyway). This was the only game I played where I had to revert to an earlier save because I simply couldn't proceed due to being unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      I disagree. The original was great - it's still pretty advanced even by today's standards. The 2nd was crap. But Human Revolution had a great story and was well-made. I'd say the only problem with the game is the augments are seriously unbalanced. That, and some choices you make can exponentially increase the difficulty level. There was a point where I had to revert back my save by 2 hours because I was completely unprepared for this particular boss fight (some of you probably know what I'm talking about, though I still chose the harder path anyway). This was the only game I played where I had to revert to an earlier save because I simply couldn't proceed due to being unprepared.
      well with the directors cut it doesn't matter as much, and yeah, even with the big handicap in the one boss fight, it wasn't that hard actually. I still plan to do the run without any augmentation just for the fun of it

Comment

Originally posted by chepati View Post
        This is indeed big news, an AAA game coming out for linux a mere 4 weeks after the Windows release.
        Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 1997, it came out in 2011. While Feral Interactive has stated Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be released "this year", the announcement doesn't translate into an immediate release. It is nice that it isn't a game from years ago, although in truth there are some older games I would like to see ported, but the financial incentive to do those ports often isn't there.

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Honestly, I kinda feel bad for Feral. It must be really hard testing a game that hasn't been patched enough.
        Feral could probably pull the plug on their end if they decided the port wasn't viable; the Batman: Arkham Knight port ended up in the trash bin. I very much doubt that will happen with Mankind Divided though, even if the port has some issues (whether inherited from Eidos Montreal's original work or acquired through Feral's porting).

Comment

This is excellent news - do you all know why?

Because it's Square Enix.

The Square Enix Catalog is a collection I would love to see on SteamOS/Linux -

Final Fantasy 7 remake,
          Final Fantasy 6,
          Final Fantasy 8,
          Final Fantasy 9,
          Final Fantasy 10,
          Kingdom Hearts,
          Final Fantasy 15

I think the business relationship is there to get all of these ported aswell. When a couple AAA publisher is chilling in the Steam Pool Club all the others will get their swim suits on and come over to the party, this is great news.

Comment

This is excellent news -- do you all know why?

Because it's Square Enix.

Final Fantasy 7 remake,
            Final Fantasy 6,
            Final Fantasy 8,
            Final Fantasy 9,
            Final Fantasy 10,
            Kingdom Hearts,
            Final Fantasy 15

I think the business relationship is there to get all of these ported as well. When a couple AAA publisher is chilling in the Steam Pool Club all the others will get their swim suits on and come over to the party, this is great news.

Comment

This is excellent news -- do you all know why? Because it's Square Enix.

Final Fantasy 7 remake,
              Final Fantasy 6,
              Final Fantasy 8,
              Final Fantasy 9,
              Final Fantasy 10,
              Kingdom Hearts,
              Final Fantasy 15

I think the business relationship is there to get all of these ported as well. When a couple AAA publisher is chilling in the Steam Pool Club all the others will get their swim suits on and come over to the party, this is great news.

Comment

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Working...
                X