X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
    Great news! I know this might be a bit much to ask but are you still planning to try with catalyst?
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Shouldn't the title read "XCOM 2 Can Work With RadeonSI" instead of "RadeonSI Can Work With XCOM 2"?

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Well, I get the impression they at least tested very recent mesa versions during the port. And it seems logical that those drivers will make it into stable distributions sometime in the future.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Petteri View Post
    Yes, that's right. More accurately the game is developed against future versions of AMD/ATI drivers. The drivers in the wild don't work with the game so they can't support them.
    Just curious, what is your comment based on ? I wasn't able to find anything in Michael's article that suggested "future drivers" or that the game was developed on AMD hardware (although that would be nice).

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by bridgman; 04 February 2016, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
    Great news! I know this might be a bit much to ask but are you still planning to try with catalyst?
    If he doesn't I will install Ubuntu over my Fedora install and gave it a go.

Leave a comment:

• chris200x9
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletxt View Post

When it comes to Amd, it's always about future.
    The article says it'll probably work on current mesa (11.1.1)

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    Originally posted by Petteri View Post

Yes, that's right. More accurately the game is developed against future versions of AMD/ATI drivers. The drivers in the wild don't work with the game so they can't support them.
    When it comes to Amd, it's always about future.

Leave a comment:

• Petteri
    replied
    Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
    So they developed the game using AMD/ATI chips, but announce it as "recommended with nVidia"...

Leave a comment:

• rastersoft
    replied
    So they developed the game using AMD/ATI chips, but announce it as "recommended with nVidia"...

Leave a comment:

• chris200x9
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X