Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Can Work With XCOM 2 On Linux

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Can Work With XCOM 2 On Linux

While at first using open-source drivers to play XCOM 2 on Linux looked bleak, after some more trials, the latest Mesa Gallium3D code can work for Intel and Radeon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now everybody can chill out a bit.

Comment

Great news! I know this might be a bit much to ask but are you still planning to try with catalyst?

Comment

So they developed the game using AMD/ATI chips, but announce it as "recommended with nVidia"...

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
          So they developed the game using AMD/ATI chips, but announce it as "recommended with nVidia"...
          Yes, that's right. More accurately the game is developed against future versions of AMD/ATI drivers. The drivers in the wild don't work with the game so they can't support them.

Comment

Originally posted by Petteri View Post

Yes, that's right. More accurately the game is developed against future versions of AMD/ATI drivers. The drivers in the wild don't work with the game so they can't support them.
            When it comes to Amd, it's always about future.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post

When it comes to Amd, it's always about future.
              The article says it'll probably work on current mesa (11.1.1)

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
                Great news! I know this might be a bit much to ask but are you still planning to try with catalyst?
                If he doesn't I will install Ubuntu over my Fedora install and gave it a go.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Petteri View Post
                  Just curious, what is your comment based on ? I wasn't able to find anything in Michael's article that suggested "future drivers" or that the game was developed on AMD hardware (although that would be nice).

Thanks,
                  John
                  Last edited by bridgman; 04 February 2016, 08:57 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Well, I get the impression they at least tested very recent mesa versions during the port. And it seems logical that those drivers will make it into stable distributions sometime in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X