Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiRT Showdown Racing Game Released Today For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DiRT Showdown Racing Game Released Today For Linux

    Phoronix: DiRT Showdown Racing Game Released Today For Linux

    DiRT Showdown is now available today on Steam for Linux. Before getting too excited for another racing game on Linux, this is a game port done by Virtual Programming...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Showdown-Linux

  • #2
    The Mesa/Gallium3D drivers aren't currently able to run this game.

    Not for long.

    Comment


    • #3
      Until they start to make true ports i'll keep saying no thank you.

      Comment


      • #4
        this is a game port done by Virtual Programming
        Blah, move along

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
          Until they start to make true ports i'll keep saying no thank you.
          Yep. I confess - i strongly disliked this tecnology even long before the first eon game emerged. But the quality of these ports do make it easy to say "no" with peace of conscience.

          Comment


          • #6
            The truth is, I don't think we'd have as many games today without eON... But eON sucks ass man.. I'm kinda frustrated with how bad those ports are. I wish publishers would stop trying to outsource the port to Virtual Programming. Either that or Virtual Programming needs to actually start doing native ports. They are ruining their own reputation along with ruining the reputation of linux gaming as a whole.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just so that we have both sides of the story here.

              I've played multiple VP ports, and I finished a couple of them without any issues.
              Performance has also been good, especially with a newish nvidia gpu.

              Comment


              • #8
                This means that GRID Autosport probably also will be ported using eON. Shame.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                  This means that GRID Autosport probably also will be ported using eON. Shame.
                  Nope. Feral is porting GRID Autosport.

                  As for eON ports, they've gotten a lot better. I would, of course, prefer native, but a port being eON wouldn't be grounds for me to not buy it. Were this literally any other DIRT game, I'd likely get it, but I have no desire to play DIRT Showdown.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
                    Nope. Feral is porting GRID Autosport.

                    As for eON ports, they've gotten a lot better. I would, of course, prefer native, but a port being eON wouldn't be grounds for me to not buy it. Were this literally any other DIRT game, I'd likely get it, but I have no desire to play DIRT Showdown.
                    Yay! Prepare yourself, my G27!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X