Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiRT Showdown Racing Game Released Today For Linux

Phoronix: DiRT Showdown Racing Game Released Today For Linux

DiRT Showdown is now available today on Steam for Linux. Before getting too excited for another racing game on Linux, this is a game port done by Virtual Programming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Mesa/Gallium3D drivers aren't currently able to run this game.

Not for long.

Comment

Until they start to make true ports i'll keep saying no thank you.

Comment

this is a game port done by Virtual Programming
        Blah, move along

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
          Until they start to make true ports i'll keep saying no thank you.
          Yep. I confess - i strongly disliked this tecnology even long before the first eon game emerged. But the quality of these ports do make it easy to say "no" with peace of conscience.

Comment

The truth is, I don't think we'd have as many games today without eON... But eON sucks ass man.. I'm kinda frustrated with how bad those ports are. I wish publishers would stop trying to outsource the port to Virtual Programming. Either that or Virtual Programming needs to actually start doing native ports. They are ruining their own reputation along with ruining the reputation of linux gaming as a whole.

Comment

Just so that we have both sides of the story here.

I've played multiple VP ports, and I finished a couple of them without any issues.
              Performance has also been good, especially with a newish nvidia gpu.

Comment

This means that GRID Autosport probably also will be ported using eON. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                  This means that GRID Autosport probably also will be ported using eON. Shame.
                  Nope. Feral is porting GRID Autosport.

As for eON ports, they've gotten a lot better. I would, of course, prefer native, but a port being eON wouldn't be grounds for me to not buy it. Were this literally any other DIRT game, I'd likely get it, but I have no desire to play DIRT Showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
                    Nope. Feral is porting GRID Autosport.

As for eON ports, they've gotten a lot better. I would, of course, prefer native, but a port being eON wouldn't be grounds for me to not buy it. Were this literally any other DIRT game, I'd likely get it, but I have no desire to play DIRT Showdown.
                    Yay! Prepare yourself, my G27!

Comment

Working...
                    X