Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Damn, we could try asking Sega, right? Since theyre such a big company, probably itd be more effective if you contacted them directly, since they probably will only listen to other companies. Althogh i can try asking anyways. Ill ask CA first for alt-platforms & online distribution thing.
    Heh... Talking to SEGA is about like talking to Nintendo or EA... Even if they were amenable to it, for THAT franchise, they're gonna want a LOT of cash up-front.

Regarding Riddick, how would we know that? By asking Starbreeze, or Activision? This would be very good too, since the new Riddick game was supposed to come out as a VU published game, before the game selloff.
    Indeed it was, but Starbreeze is shopping a new publisher for the remix version planned for PS3/X-Box 360, which means a remote possibility for it, whereas before it was a foregone conclusion of "no".

Comment

What about that mmo game Asheron's Call? I think the company that made it also made the Lord of the Rings game too.
      Heh... Did you NOT see whom the publisher was on that, xav1r?

Comment

• How independent are Bungie these days? I do know they made a big song and dance about breaking ties with Microsoft but what does that actually mean? Is it like Gas Powered who jumped ship to THQ as a publisher or is it just that they are now seperate from MS but still published by MS?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonwil View Post
          How independent are Bungie these days? I do know they made a big song and dance about breaking ties with Microsoft but what does that actually mean? Is it like Gas Powered who jumped ship to THQ as a publisher or is it just that they are now seperate from MS but still published by MS?
          The studio being independent means little if the publishing deal gives the publisher control of the rights for a given title. If that's the case, Bungie's new stuff is out of the picture, though we might be able to bring Myth2 back as a going concern through them right now. If MS is the publisher, they're going to be dead subjects unless they're publishing for alternate platforms through other pubs...

Gas Powered being free from MS' influences, may place things in a better position, but since THQ, according to someone who worked there in the past, not currently interested in Linux versions or support makes that move by GP not so big a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonwil View Post
            How independent are Bungie these days? I do know they made a big song and dance about breaking ties with Microsoft but what does that actually mean? Is it like Gas Powered who jumped ship to THQ as a publisher or is it just that they are now seperate from MS but still published by MS?
            I detect a faint hint of wanting Halo on Linux...
            That's just barking up the wrong tree there.

I'd be more interested in the Marathon series, but I believe it's already been done with AlephOne. Maybe give it better graphics... or even better, convince Bungie to do a complete makeover.
            Oni... *shudders*

In all honesty, I don't think anyone knows what Bungie has planned as of late. They're doing a Halo 3 spinoff according to their site, but as far as original new titles, it's an unknown.
            Last edited by me262; 19 October 2008, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
              I detect a faint hint of wanting Halo on Linux...
              That's just barking up the wrong tree there.
              Indeed... But a respin of Myth2 and an official version of Myth on Linux would be nice, wouldn't it?

I'd be more interested in the Marathon series, but I believe it's already been done with AlephOne. Maybe give it better graphics... or even better, convince Bungie to do a complete makeover.
              Heh... Marathon with a modern engine. Actually, that's not too bad of an idea, really.

Oni... *shudders*
              Heh... It's not Bungie's anymore, even if you wanted to have it- it's Take2's according to all I understand about it.

In all honesty, I don't think anyone knows what Bungie has planned as of late. They're doing a Halo 3 spinoff according to their site, but as far as original new titles, it's an unknown.
              I'm interested in the prospects of at least their parts of the Myth franchise that they own the rights to. Myth was a cool game to play- and the graphics weren't so bad that you'd have people interested in that style of play griping about the "lack of eye candy".

Comment

• Marathon sounds like a good prospect. Its still property of Bungie, right? I think it's a done deal. The entire trilogy is even available as a full legal download. Updated gfx and a professional looking package might make it more appealing.

Besides, wouldnt it be awesome to have the Marathon for Linux section of the game site saying: "From the makers of Halo."

Comment

• ...so Svartalf, have you gotten any results of the insights into the games we suggested in the last few pages of this thread?

Comment

...so Svartalf, have you gotten any results of the insights into the games we suggested in the last few pages of this thread?
                    Oooh... Aren't you demanding?

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                      Oooh... Aren't you demanding?
                      Yeah, he is.. I've been busy with other pressing matters.

Comment

Working...
                      X