Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    BTW, here are some more suggestions, inspired by nintendowarrior's very own suggestions.

Lords of the Realm:

turn based strategy game.

and similarly a strategy game...

This is a little more mainstream. Do you think Creative Assembly would be hostile to linux?
    Lords of the Realm... oh my goodness. Now that's a classic. EDIT: LOL. xav1r, did you see the "VU" logo at the top right corner?
    Total War series is abit out of reach, IMO.
    Last edited by niniendowarrior; 17 October 2008, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• I see that natural selection 2 is already on the list. Sorry if it has already been mentioned but they have now switched from source to a self developed engine (Read more about it here: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/news...ns_and_answers)
      They are also very open to help with porting it to linux!
      That means game + devtools http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/foru...post&p=1683153

Besides that how does "The legacy of Kain" series look?

Maybe something you and GoG chould be working on later?
      Last edited by ZedDB; 17 October 2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedDB View Post
        I see that natural selection 2 is already on the list. Sorry if it has already been mentioned but they have now switched from source to a self developed engine (Read more about it here: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/news...ns_and_answers)
        They are also very open to help with porting it to linux!
        That means game + devtools http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/foru...post&p=1683153
        Looks like a "strike while the iron's hot" moment to me. I didn't know they were that open to things. I'll see if I can get them to talk with me here after I get Bandits off my plate. I wouldn't mind bringing something out for Linux either on or near release date for the Windows version for a change... And it looks like a cool game.

Besides that how does "The legacy of Kain" series look?

Maybe something you and GoG chould be working on later?
        It might be. It's conceivable that there's something that GoG could talk to Eidos about and get a deal going on them. It's definitely one of those cool factor games from the past that would rock as an inexpensive remix.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          Lords of the Realm:

turn based strategy game.
          Don't know about that one. It's a VU title. We're going to have to see what they do with all those old Sierra titles from the merger fallout to see what will/won't be something to pursue out of their back catalog. For example, I'm thinking that the Riddick game might be obtainable from Starbreeze if their new publisher for the remix of the original is okay with it.

and similarly a strategy game...

This is a little more mainstream. Do you think Creative Assembly would be hostile to linux?
          They might not be, but unless they kept something to themselves (Like alternate platforms or online distribution...) then EA or SEGA have final say in the title in question depending on when it was made. Since SEGA owns them now, even if they kept rights, you'd have to ask SEGA for the rights access- which right at the moment, is a slim to none chance...

Comment

• Hehe... I'm astonished people in here know about Haiku ( former OpenBeOS ). Funny thing is that in a ( very ) older version my engine compiled and ran on BeOS ( back then one of those modified personal versions... don't think it's still up on the net though ). Played Quake2 and Quake on that same BeOS. It's unfair to be niche though. It's faster than Linux ( and therefore way faster than Windows since Windows is a lot slower than Linux ) and the DB file system is just sweet. Why the hell did Linux not get such a splendid thing? :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              Hehe... I'm astonished people in here know about Haiku ( former OpenBeOS ).
              What can I say- I'm a CS junkie...

Funny thing is that in a ( very ) older version my engine compiled and ran on BeOS ( back then one of those modified personal versions... don't think it's still up on the net though ). Played Quake2 and Quake on that same BeOS.
              That's kinda cool.

It's unfair to be niche though. It's faster than Linux ( and therefore way faster than Windows since Windows is a lot slower than Linux )
              Biggest reason is that it's still not done yet and it came along after Linux got to be what it is. It's still got to reach the same critical mass and have the same level of hardware support- of which neither is present for Haiku right at the moment.

and the DB file system is just sweet. Why the hell did Linux not get such a splendid thing? :/
              I think something is in the works right now... The main reason is nobody that could bring together that sort of thing was doing Linux stuff.

Comment

• Can Haiku be used as an everyday system? What apps can it run, including games, besides quake and doom? I mean, the guys that worked on Menuet (actually one guy) has doom and quake working natively on Menuet, and that system is 100% asm only.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                  Lords of the Realm... oh my goodness. Now that's a classic. EDIT: LOL. xav1r, did you see the "VU" logo at the top right corner?
                  Total War series is abit out of reach, IMO.
                  Damn, no, in my enthusiasm, i didnt notice it. :P Oh well, lets see what other choices are available then ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Don't know about that one. It's a VU title. We're going to have to see what they do with all those old Sierra titles from the merger fallout to see what will/won't be something to pursue out of their back catalog. For example, I'm thinking that the Riddick game might be obtainable from Starbreeze if their new publisher for the remix of the original is okay with it.

They might not be, but unless they kept something to themselves (Like alternate platforms or online distribution...) then EA or SEGA have final say in the title in question depending on when it was made. Since SEGA owns them now, even if they kept rights, you'd have to ask SEGA for the rights access- which right at the moment, is a slim to none chance...
                    Damn, we could try asking Sega, right? Since theyre such a big company, probably itd be more effective if you contacted them directly, since they probably will only listen to other companies. Althogh i can try asking anyways. Ill ask CA first for alt-platforms & online distribution thing.

Regarding Riddick, how would we know that? By asking Starbreeze, or Activision? This would be very good too, since the new Riddick game was supposed to come out as a VU published game, before the game selloff.

Comment

• What about that mmo game Asheron's Call? I think the company that made it also made the Lord of the Rings game too.

Comment

Working...
                      X