Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...which begs the question, it's been now over a week since i got the emails from the crytek and the bohemian guys promising a reply. Should I email them asking them for an update ?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      ...which begs the question, it's been now over a week since i got the emails from the crytek and the bohemian guys promising a reply. Should I email them asking them for an update ?
      NO. Wait another 1-2 weeks. You DO NOT want to come across as pestering. You're doing them a favor as much as they're doing us one- you want it to come across that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        NO. Wait another 1-2 weeks. You DO NOT want to come across as pestering. You're doing them a favor as much as they're doing us one- you want it to come across that way.
        Ah ok, so ill give them 2 more weeks. Then i send an email.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
          I knew it. Svartalf collects Windows games! lol.
          Riiight. I do no such thing. :P

In this case, if the deal goes through, we'll get access to several strategy games with no up-front costs for the porting work, a major name publisher for the same, and possible access to quite a bit more than those titles if the deal goes well.

While I'm not counting my hatches before they chicken, it's got a lot more upside potential than just the titles that we'd be given access to from the studio/publisher.

Comment

While I'm not counting my hatches before they chicken
            lolwut

Comment

• Originally posted by Moustacha View Post
              lolwut
              Svartalf meant "count my chickens before they hatch" that or he wanted to confuse people. Who knows. Anyway it means "Don?t assume that you?ll get the things you want until you have them."

with no up-front costs for the porting work
              Wait what? There are people in management with a brain?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                Svartalf meant "count my chickens before they hatch" that or he wanted to confuse people. Who knows. Anyway it means "Don?t assume that you?ll get the things you want until you have them."
                Both.

Wait what? There are people in management with a brain?
                You read that right. It remains to be seen if they're open to it, but the studio and publisher in question opened up access to use the engine from one of their best sellers that's still selling even now. In making a Linux version, we'd only be adding a small bit to their tech-support efforts and providing at least a little bit of extra revenue, perhaps a bit more than that. If the range of titles from the engine sell well for the Linux segment, more would probably stem from it as they'd have sales figures and in most of the situations, they'd not have any more losses than Hothead's seeing with what they've done to date- and planning on doing in the future.

Comment

Both.

You read that right. It remains to be seen if they're open to it, but the studio and publisher in question opened up access to use the engine from one of their best sellers that's still selling even now. In making a Linux version, we'd only be adding a small bit to their tech-support efforts and providing at least a little bit of extra revenue, perhaps a bit more than that. If the range of titles from the engine sell well for the Linux segment, more would probably stem from it as they'd have sales figures and in most of the situations, they'd not have any more losses than Hothead's seeing with what they've done to date- and planning on doing in the future.
                  What game are you talking about? Is it Europa Universalis?

Comment

• What about Deck 13's newest project, VENETICA (the only kind of RPG, that is with a dark undertone, that appeals to me)? Ankh and Jack Keane come from these guys too and there's a Linux version for each one of them. I hope it's coming out for Linux too! Maybe we should ask Rune-Soft if they're interested in porting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by domkop View Post
                      What about Deck 13's newest project, VENETICA (the only kind of RPG, that is with a dark undertone, that appeals to me)? Ankh and Jack Keane come from these guys too and there's a Linux version for each one of them. I hope it's coming out for Linux too! Maybe we should ask Rune-Soft if they're interested in porting it.
                      You can certainly see if there's enough traction from the Deck13 stuff they've done before. It seems they generated enough sales in pre-orders to justify a publication run of those titles.

Comment

Working...
                      X