X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    Ah. I've never had to deal with that on Intel (even with Arch Linux) - everything just works out of the box. It's probably because we don't use LLVM, and radeonsi does.
    Hm, so intel is not affected with that? I think someone said it is not because LLVM, but because GLSL IR implemented in C++
    Last edited by dungeon; 18 March 2015, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Ah. I've never had to deal with that on Intel (even with Arch Linux) - everything just works out of the box. It's probably because we don't use LLVM, and radeonsi does.
    Doesn't even seem to be LLVM-related at first glance, just things like old versions of libgcc and libstdc++ (IIRC).

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    You should definitely report those on bugs.freedesktop.org - they sound like a radeonsi driver problem. I played through the entirety of "Dust: An Elysian Tail" on Intel (Iris Pro 5200) with no problems. I've also played Torchlight 2 and tried Natural Selection 2 briefly; they seem to work fine. I don't yet have the other two.

In fact, out of the 219 Linux games in my Steam library, I only recall having problems starting "Shank 2" (a crash in their code), "Anodyne" (can't figure out adobe air), and now "Bioshock Infinite." The other 216 seem fine

Report a bug about that, Shank 2 starts and works fine here on radeonsi .

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Nobu View Post
    It seems like zanny solved his problem by deleting one of those libs which had snuck back in, but I could be wrong. In that case, seems like a library conflict (radeon trying to use one version, and the game engine trying to use another), rather than a bug in radeon.
    Yep, zanny got the games working by getting rid of a couple of libraries :

Leave a comment:

• Nobu
    replied
    You should definitely report those on bugs.freedesktop.org - they sound like a radeonsi driver problem. I played through the entirety of "Dust: An Elysian Tail" on Intel (Iris Pro 5200) with no problems. I've also played Torchlight 2 and tried Natural Selection 2 briefly; they seem to work fine. I don't yet have the other two.

In fact, out of the 219 Linux games in my Steam library, I only recall having problems starting "Shank 2" (a crash in their code), "Anodyne" (can't figure out adobe air), and now "Bioshock Infinite." The other 216 seem fine
    On Arch, or similar distro? Arch seems to have more issues with Steam's runtime, due to it's rolling nature--particularly with libstdc++, etc.. It seems like zanny solved his problem by deleting one of those libs which had snuck back in, but I could be wrong. In that case, seems like a library conflict (radeon trying to use one version, and the game engine trying to use another), rather than a bug in radeon.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Originally posted by zanny View Post
    I mean, hell, I was just compiling a list of games today in my Steam library that just outright don't start on radeonsi 10.5.1 - so far its Natural Selection 2, Torchlight 2, Dust, Planetary Annihilation and Rogue Legacy. And now I'm spending all day looking for where I should even report the crash logs because the game developers won't care, so I kind of have to throw them on the freedesktop bug tracker.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
    so, you enjoy Dying light or most Unity games? compared to those even Witcher 2 performs like a fucking rockstar
    No it doesn't. Simply doesn't. I can crash it at will, and game is in unplayable state for me. Impossible to play through on minimal settings on reasonable hardware.

Leave a comment:

• tarceri
    replied
    Originally posted by gens View Post
    sorry to disappoint you but it's probably gonna all be on autopilots

looking at how some people drive, if their cars could fly i would never ever go out of the house
    Staying in the house won't help either. Every couple of months I see on the news a car that has driven off the road and into someones house ending up inside it. With flying cars they would now be dropping through your roof so even having your bedroom at the back of the house wouldn't save you anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Veske
    replied
    Well the graphics are there, but eON wrapper still seems to take it's toll. The performance is about 20% worse and even when you get your best settings chosen and run the game at the desired 144 FPS, the game still stutters in some scenes. The FPS seems to not drop but for some reason, camera starts moving very choppy.

But as I allready have it, I guess I will play it a bit to complete the Burial at Sea DLC packs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X