No announcement yet.

Xonotic 0.8 Finally Released With SDL2 & Many Game Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In official binaries sdl2 is bundled, so i guess Wayland lovers need unofficial build and try to use variabile.

Do not know if bundled one has wayland support
    Last edited by dungeon; 16 January 2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      In official binaries sdl2 is bundled, so i guess Wayland lovers need unofficial build and try to use variabile.

This is the last of the problems: is SDL2 enough to have full wayland support? In theory yes, but in practice? Is it possible that nobody ever tested a game in wayland?
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I have tested it under weston 1.6.0 after compiling it myself and using SDL2-2.0.3 with enabled wayland support (no need for an env var as it seems to auto detect wayland platform). It works and it's almost playable. Graphics are okay, but there's some input issue.You can't move the character in all directions. Seems that mouse movement is only limited to 90 degrees left and right from the initial position, so no way of going where you want. You can't even turn and run backwards (cowards unite).

Comment

*cough* *cough* LD_PRELOAD *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by opensource View Post
            I heard USA's religious leaders decided to use non-European units because they didn't like the French atheists.
            Uhhh.. no. You have to look at John Quincy Adams' report, or maybe a good summary of it since it's a long-winded document. Basically, the U.S. Congress sent a political figure (albeit a very intelligent lawyer and experienced diplomat) to do a scientist's job. JQA acknowledged the technical merits of the metric system, but seemed to think that it was outside the scope of Congress to force people to use measurements, and that people would end up using the metric system by choice if it was truly superior.
            If anything, a conspiracy theorist could say that the Adams family was politically pro-English as opposed to someone like Thomas Jefferson who preferred French culture/politics. That could have influenced JQA to ultimately recommend against the metric system. I personally doubt it, though.

BTW, I heard the Queen of England is an alien...

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              *cough* *cough* LD_PRELOAD *cough*
              *cough* one *cough* more *cough* unofficial *cough* trick *cough* for *cough* greatness of *cough* unofficial *cough* wayland *cough* support *cough* *cough* *cough*

Comment

*cough* one *cough* more *cough* unofficial *cough* trick *cough* for *cough* greatness of *cough* unofficial *cough* wayland *cough* support *cough* *cough* *cough*
                Maybe you two should go see a doctor. That cough sounds pretty bad

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  Maybe you two should go see a doctor. That cough sounds pretty bad
                  Diagnosis is WSO sindrome - Wayland Support Onomatopoeia

Comment

With jadahl's pointer-lock patches for Wayland and SDL2 everything works like a charm!

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post
                      With jadahl's pointer-lock patches for Wayland and SDL2 everything works like a charm!
                      That's good to hear - I can't help but think that, if possible, a blog post documenting the steps you took to achieve that, in a cookbook fashion, would be a great benefit to the community.

Comment

Working...
                      X