Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xonotic 0.8 Finally Released With SDL2 & Many Game Updates

Phoronix: Xonotic 0.8 Finally Released With SDL2 & Many Game Updates

For those looking toward one of the very best open-source first person shooters, Xonotic, it's finally reached version 0.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WTF

I started downloading this and realized I already read about his months ago. I guess I am a time traveling alien lizard or I am reading a fake internet???
    Anyone want the Nvidia Driver of the future? I have the Stable 343.22 that I downloaded on 09/26/2014 but is shown as released as a beta on 12/8/2014 per the Nvidia site.

Comment

So now with SDL2 it can be ran natively on Wayland, right? If so, then I guess some benchmarks are already waiting there in Michael's queue

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
        I started downloading this and realized I already read about his months ago. I guess I am a time traveling alien lizard or I am reading a fake internet???
        Anyone want the Nvidia Driver of the future? I have the Stable 343.22 that I downloaded on 09/26/2014 but is shown as released as a beta on 12/8/2014 per the Nvidia site.
        This post only makes me think about this:

Comment

LOOOOL I completely agree
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I heard USA's religious leaders decided to use non-European units because they didn't like the French atheists. "In God we trust" is even on the dollar bill.

Comment

Originally posted by opensource View Post
              I heard USA's religious leaders decided to use non-European units because they didn't like the French atheists. "In God we trust" is even on the dollar bill.
              The "In god we trust" was actually adopted fairly late, in 1957.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust

In my view, E pluribus unum is a hell of a lot better. It actually says something about the country and it's background.

Comment

Wayland

With SDL2 support, can Xonotic now run natively on Wayland?

Comment

The "In god we trust" was actually adopted fairly late, in 1957.
                  IDK what you mean by mentioning the date of adoption, but the date of adoption doesn't matter.

In my view, E pluribus unum is a hell of a lot better. It actually says something about the country and it's background.
                  There are many speculations why Americans are more religious yet relatively high IQ, but because they are, of course they had to choose "IGWT". But whether the leaders choose this so control the masses better, or they are truly more religious, IDK. And indeed this motto doesn't say much, maybe because it doesn't mean much.
                  Last edited by opensource; 16 January 2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    With SDL2 support, can Xonotic now run natively on Wayland?
                    Good question. If yes then it's time to test X vs native Wayland (without XWayland).
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X