Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    The performance is really good. Installed it on my Intel m380 2.5Ghz laptop with Radeon HD 6370M. I'm also on oibaf's PPA so open source drivers are no problem. Max resolution on my laptop is 1360X768 so that's what I run. Most of the settings are max except for AA and anisotropic. There's no AA and little anisotropic. The mouse is a bit fast with a mouse pad even at lowest setting but I will plug in a real mouse and see how that works.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Just chucked a thread up on Steam asking about the linux pricing method. Might be an incentive for company's releasing to linuxers to make a note of how to get paid for their efforts.

And as above regarding this special PPA. What's so special about it, ya cock-tease.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    I want to do what Aspyr Media and Icculus do for a living.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by idanny View Post
    Holy shit...

Just bought this game for ?7,-
    I installed the latest Gallium3D drivers via a special PPA and the game is running very smooth with all details to max.
    Readon is doing a good job here.
    Special PPA? What special PPA?

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    BTW just so anyone knows - if you want the Aspyr team to get credit for their work, buy the game or DLC through linux. If you buy it through Windows, they don't get the money. One of the developers said this somewhere buried in the steam forums.
    I goofed. I bought it on my Windows machine when I heard it was on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• magika
    replied
    Originally posted by magika View Post
    What about PhysX? I want that awesome particle spam on my screen.
    So... it doesn't work under nix.

Leave a comment:

• idanny
    replied
    Holy shit...

Just bought this game for ?7,-
    I installed the latest Gallium3D drivers via a special PPA and the game is running very smooth with all details to max.
    Readon is doing a good job here.

Leave a comment:

• magika
    replied
    What about PhysX? I want that awesome particle spam on my screen.

Leave a comment:

• user82
    replied
    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    Actually, if you ask me, it looks like the Windows screenshot has the "cartoon style" thing turned off somehow.
    Hard to describe.
    It looks like very "flat" lightning that makes the map look like a plastic toy with very small dimensions.
    Kind of ruins the atmosphere for me

Leave a comment:

• bibaheu
    replied
    I decided to buy the game anyway, so I can tell just a little of experience based on the main screen. This game is awesome to try graphical configuration: everything is applied immediately.

Here is a snapshot with the game running on HD5770 Gallium3D, Arch Linux. 1920x1200p with everything maxed out (except PhysX for obvious reasons) is getting more than 30fps in the main screen. The valley in the graph is caused by the volcano.

I played a little and only three options actually affect framerate in the menu: depth of field, ambient occlusion and FXAA. With those three disabled I get 90fps+, enable one and I get 60-70fps.
    I can't say about graphical errors, or color stuff, because I only tried the demo on PotatoStation3 before... and that was pretty bad
    In conclusion, looks good for Radeon driver

Command line:
    Code:
    R600_DEBUG=hyperz LC_ALL=C GALLIUM_HUD="fps;VRAM-usage" SDL_AUDIODRIVER=pulse %command%

Leave a comment:

Working...
X