Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user82
    replied
    Mine had a bug that massively influenced visual quality.
    Thanks to someone on steam I found out that in the file
    Code:
    ~/.local/share/aspyr-media/borderlands 2/willowgame/config/willowengine.ini
    the option
    Code:
    DynamicLights
    Was set to
    Code:
    False
    Changing it to
    Code:
    True
    worked with Catalyst 14.9 without performance drop and finally made the game look like on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Kamerat
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    You are lucky. My freezes lasts for somewhere between 5 to 10 seconds!!! And this is on Fedora 20, so I assume my drivers are fairly up to date.
    Freezes here too, somtimes over 30 seconds. I'm using a Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU and a Radeon HD 4850 GPU running open source drivers (Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bit with Oibaf PPA). Noticed that VRAM usage dropped instantly after freezing.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    My freezes only last for a second but it happens often enough. But when I updated my Gallium drivers and Borderlands 2 had an update as well, it go a lot better. Happens much less often. It's likely a problem with the open source drivers. This is with my Radeon HD 6370m.
    You are lucky. My freezes lasts for somewhere between 5 to 10 seconds!!! And this is on Fedora 20, so I assume my drivers are fairly up to date.

Leave a comment:

• erendorn
    replied
    Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    I still find Borderlands , despite the 'simple' cell-based (hand-drawn cartoon style, to be specific) graphics, can somehow manage to pull my system down if I go too far. Which is weird. How much visual enhancement can you get from a game that is cartoons and not realistic looking!

And yeah, to the guy above, I was getting some staggering for a while, usually higher settings, but also when new assets arrived on the scene (resource access issue obviously). Haven't played again since the update (Warcraft-peon *work-work*), so keen to try again.
    That's because cartoon rendering of 3D models is not necessarily easier than realistic rendering of 3D models. You still have to compute the polygons, lights, shodows, etc... You are just applying different textures and effect in the end, but even them are not less detailed.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    I still find Borderlands , despite the 'simple' cell-based (hand-drawn cartoon style, to be specific) graphics, can somehow manage to pull my system down if I go too far. Which is weird. How much visual enhancement can you get from a game that is cartoons and not realistic looking!

And yeah, to the guy above, I was getting some staggering for a while, usually higher settings, but also when new assets arrived on the scene (resource access issue obviously). Haven't played again since the update (Warcraft-peon *work-work*), so keen to try again.
    New patch (02/10/2014) Getting major 10-20 second lockups now. Almost like the whole machine's frozen. When it's not freezing, game actually >>seems<< to be running better.

Mint 17
    xorg-edgers (latest as of 02/10/2014) nVidia 340.42 on nVidia Ti550
    AMD 955 CPU
    16GB RAM
    Samsung 830 250GB SSD

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
    To be fair, Witcher 2 is a LOT more intensive then Borderlands 2. Even on Windows, my 770 GTX can barely handle Ubersampling.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Has anyone encountered temporary freezes in the game when using ATI open source driver? I tried it on Radeon HD 6750m and from time to time it freezes for few seconds and then continues. On Intel HD 3000 no such freezes happen (but the performance is slower obviously)
    I have seen similar freezes in Painkiller: Hell and Damnation so it looks like a driver issue. Also, the videos in the game are sluggish on ATI while they work fine on Intel. Using the ATI card was done using DRI_PRIME by the way.
    Anyone had similar issues?
    My freezes only last for a second but it happens often enough. But when I updated my Gallium drivers and Borderlands 2 had an update as well, it go a lot better. Happens much less often. It's likely a problem with the open source drivers. This is with my Radeon HD 6370m.

Leave a comment:

• gamerk2
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    similar here:
    RadeonSI HD 7950, core2Quad@3ghz on openSUSE factory (mesa 10.3, llvm 3.5, kernel 3.16)

played until second level. all maxed out (fullHD, also vsync enabled) HUD showed fps between 40 and 80. Lowest fps with 20 was on the beginning of second level when you look down in the big valley. but its really rarely dropping below 40.

nice work for a just released port. witcher2 is still not near to that for my hardware.
    To be fair, Witcher 2 is a LOT more intensive then Borderlands 2. Even on Windows, my 770 GTX can barely handle Ubersampling.

Leave a comment:

• Pontostroy
    replied
    Has anyone encountered temporary freezes in the game when using ATI open source driver? I tried it on Radeon HD 6750m and from time to time it freezes for few seconds and then continues. On Intel HD 3000 no such freezes happen (but the performance is slower obviously)
    I have seen similar freezes in Painkiller: Hell and Damnation so it looks like a driver issue. Also, the videos in the game are sluggish on ATI while they work fine on Intel. Using the ATI card was done using DRI_PRIME by the way.
    I have small freezes only then first time loading or spawning new asset, monster or weapon, etc.

Leave a comment:

• dcc24
    replied
    Yes, if I enable DynamicLights=True in the ini file. Without that setting all the lighting looks like crap though, so I tolerate the freezes (0.5-1 seconds for me with HD5850M).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X