Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLCS: A Better Version Of GLC For Linux Game Capturing

Phoronix: GLCS: A Better Version Of GLC For Linux Game Capturing

GLCS is a spin of the popular GLC OpenGL game recorder for Linux that adds in a few extra features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

shameless plug https://github.com/nouspiro/kiroku

currently working on video compositing so you can record videocamera.

Comment

GUI pls?

Comment

Yea, I have had GLC set up that way manually, by using named pipes. But nowadays I tend to use Simple Screen Recorder instead (albeit it doesn't support more than one audio input at the moment...).

Speaking of audio, does GLCS support PulseAudio? The original GLC doesn't, but there are patches that make it support it.

Comment

The growing Linux gaming market is really starting to propell these kinds of software. Soon it might be braindead easy to stream to Twitch from Linux.

Comment

It should be braindead easy today to live stream to twitch and/or youtube. I just did'nt have time to test it as I was too in a hurry to share the fruit of my work.

All that needs to be done to send a RTMP stream is to modify the script at

and change the ouput from $4.mkv to a rtmp url.

this is it. If noone beat me to it, I'll make a test run tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              The growing Linux gaming market is really starting to propell these kinds of software. Soon it might be braindead easy to stream to Twitch from Linux.
              No, not Twitch. See Minecraft, the integration is Windows and OS X only.

Comment

OpenCL encoding.

Really happy that programs like this are starting to show up. SimpleScreenRecorder already records OpenGL too but variety is good

What surprised me is that the 7970 can encode x264 videos with OpenCL - I had no idea.
                Can NVIDIA do the same thing with OpenCL and/or CUDA right now on Linux? Is this the same thing as ShadowPlay on Windows?

Comment

Sorry, but Simple Screen Recorder is superior in like...every way!

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                    No, not Twitch. See Minecraft, the integration is Windows and OS X only.
                    Twitch supports RTSP, I stream to it all the time from my Arch desktop. I just have to do it through ffmpeg right now. I was considering trying to write my own broadcaster, but there are already so many and openbroadcaster is being ported.

Comment

Working...
                    X