Valve's Portal 2 Now In Beta On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Downloads, starts but without Announcer unplayable for me I don't want to ruin my experience.
    Performance with Radeon driver (A10 5700K) is great btw.
    The audio dialog issue is already fixed. If you downloaded the game before the fix you have to fix it manually.

mv ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal\ 2/bin/libmiles.so ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Portal\ 2/bin/libMiles.so

Comment

Originally posted by PatricF View Post
      Where did you get that?

From Steam Dev Days 6 weeks ago:

Link
      It was in one of the Steam Dev Days presentations. I think it was one of the OpenGL ones.

Comment

First try did not work for me. Crashes after the menu, as soon it finished loading.

My first thought is to blame AMD Catalyst rather than a beta software

Comment

Originally posted by Silverthorn View Post
          First try did not work for me. Crashes after the menu, as soon it finished loading.

My first thought is to blame AMD Catalyst rather than a beta software
          Simple as that really. Tested the first 2 chapters multiple times both with and without a controller and it just crashes at the point of loading the level. Video settings maxed. Menu and loading sc...

Common AMD problem.

Comment

The game doesn't even start in either of my computers, both with intel graphics within Kubuntu. Sigh.

Comment

Works great on my a10-5800k using Radeon. Really fast too! It seems faster than the last time I played it on Windows, using an HD5770. I think the 5770 is more powerful than my current APU, so that's interesting.

Comment

You need to opt in for the beta. Other wise it will definitely not work.

Too bad that after I choose a new game, during the loading portal 2 crashes.

Comment

Co-op doesn't work for me. But the level editor is nice :-)

Comment

Browsing for community-made games for me to try them out does not work for me. This is with "enable Steam overlay while in-game" checked in the in-game section of Steam settings. It's too bad that I can't play community-made games in my PlayStation 3, which is why I'm waiting for Portal 2 for Linux.

Comment

Another Valve game on GNU/Linux, huh?

I personally think Valve was rather greedy regarding Portal 2 when it was launched considering the price for the game ($49.99/?49.99/?44.99), the total gameplay time (10-16 hours total, depending how fast you were, including both singleplayer and multiplayer, both lacking replayability), as well as $/?80-85 (depending on source) worth of downloadable content on the launch day in the form of the store.

Comment

Working...
                      X