Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    *growl*
    The game look beautiful but all this "Nvidia the way it's meant to be played" shit keeps me off.

Regardless of me being a fan of AMD stuff - there should be no such "website is optimized for Browser X" or "game is optimized for GPU Y" "runs only on OS Z". Best is: "runs anywhere on x86/amd64, wants a GPU that has a working openGL 3.x implementation". Something like that. No brand names (well, unless you see the x86 arch already as a kind of brand), no strange stuff.
    They get money to put that jingle in. It doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't put in the work to make it run well on other cards.

Comment

Is my AMD A10-5800K able to run this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
        Is my AMD A10-5800K able to run this?
        For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

The bug report linked from post #38 suggests that you can get the game running with a couple of over-rides :

I can confirm setting MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 gets the game to start for me
          I don't know anyone who has done much testing yet, ie not sure if the game needs functionality from GLSL 1.5 / GL 3.2 that isn't yet implemented in r600g/mesa at some point in the gameplay or whether current code is sufficient with the version over-ride.

Test signature

Comment

Wow, you are a genius! So clever, really!
            1) There are no requirements for Linux yet. Only for Mac and Windows.
            2) Mac requirements are higher.
            3) Everybody execpt you is aware of the bad driver quality which may rise the requirements, too
            So please, shut up

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
              This is why you (and people in general) should support open source games more...
              Tangential, but I'm really peeved that the whole crowdfunding revolution hasn't brought about open source games or open assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                Wow, you are a genius! So clever, really!
                1) There are no requirements for Linux yet. Only for Mac and Windows.
                2) Mac requirements are higher.
                3) Everybody execpt you is aware of the bad driver quality which may rise the requirements, too
                So please, shut up
                Hit a nerve I think.... Assuming similar driver quality I think the windows and mac specs are a fair estimate. Also the Linux metro specs haven't been published according to my google search, so take my estimates or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
                  Same thing happened to me before once on laptop and once on desktop. I think the fix was to log on to steam from browser then close and then open terminal and type something like steam --reset
                  Thanks, that solved the problem! (just running ?steam --reset?, then launching steam twice because it got stuck the first time.)

Still, I?d rather be able to play without a DRM that can (and does) go wrong.

Comment

This (and its predecessor) is a very good game. The games this series most often get compared to are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. Now, they're not THAT good (better shooter mechanics, not as good atmosphere, not as open), but they're the closest any games have come to matching S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which is a big compliment in my book.

I'm going to wait until next year to get this. My lappy could run this, but at nowhere near maximum eye candy levels. I'll be building a new desktop in somewhere around 8 or 9 months, one that will be able to (hopefully) max this out. I have a big enough backlog to keep me busy until then. Heck, just X Rebirth alone will probably chew up months upon months of my free time if it winds up being anywhere near as awesome as it promises to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      The bug report linked from post #38 suggests that you can get the game running with a couple of over-rides :

I don't know anyone who has done much testing yet, ie not sure if the game needs functionality from GLSL 1.5 / GL 3.2 that isn't yet implemented in r600g/mesa at some point in the gameplay or whether current code is sufficient with the version over-ride.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71239
                      On my notebook trinity A8, with MESA 10, r600 and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 it starts. I can get to the menu but the whole menu is not correctly rendered. I can see the options like new game, continue, options and store. By clicking on new game it opens a new menu but its empty (I mean no text can be seen). I tried to press some random enters and then I got a black screen. So its unplayable for me, maybe it will be playable when r600 will reach opengl 3,3

Comment

Working...
                      X