Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsai!
    replied
    I dont know about many of the other games, but a Linux version of GSB is worth a buy alone. This game is awesome even over wine. Maybe the linux version fixes some of my stability issues with the larger campaign maps.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Every big gaming site already talked about all these games (Joystiq, Kotaku, RockPaperShotgun...), but apparently everybody here lives in the same cavern of Stalman.
    That is the worse bit of Stallman bashing I have ever seen. Seriously, how is he relevant to this discussion? Grow up.

I have heard of some of these games before BTW. But Larabel is fairly ignorant of the Indie scene, it is true.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by grantek View Post
    Yeah, they recently released the Mac client and joked about the whiny Linux users, but they've always said it was coming.

anyway... IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT SKIPPING THE BUNDLE PAY $1 AND GET SUPER MEAT BOY
    Don't get me wrong, I'll get it for a decent amount and I'll probably play the game, I hear it's really good. I just didn't appreciate what they said but maybe I took it out of context.

Leave a comment:

• Micket
    replied
    Looks like a decent step up from the last bundle, which I personally found to be a massive disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Humble

I dont post on phoronix so i will use the default login because its important.
    I can believe the previous post on this thread, nobody ever listen to any of these games? seriously?
    So nobody here ever entered in a gaming site right?
    Every big gaming site already talked about all these games (Joystiq, Kotaku, RockPaperShotgun...), but apparently everybody here lives in the same cavern of Stalman.
    And i can believe you are complaining (bitching) about the removal of EFF, they explained why, you just need to look at their twitter.
    I know, you like they before they sold theirselves right? When they were not mainstream?
    So stop the excuses and say "i love to complain", its simple.

Leave a comment:

• grantek
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewi View Post
    Super Meat Boy is huge, I'm surprised you haven't all heard of it. But I'm equally surprised to see it here after hearing the developers slagging off Linux users in a podcast a little while back. They were basically like "screw you, this source code is ours" while failing to acknowledge that releasing on Linux didn't necessarily mean open sourcing the code. Maybe they were trying to make a joke but it just sounded arrogant to me.
    Yeah, they recently released the Mac client and joked about the whiny Linux users, but they've always said it was coming.

anyway... IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT SKIPPING THE BUNDLE PAY $1 AND GET SUPER MEAT BOY

Leave a comment:

• PsynoKhi0
    replied
    Shank has had some press coverage too.
    Darn... They really want my money

Leave a comment:

• Raven3x7
    replied
    Well it's not bad. I wonder if GSB includes the DLCs or not

Leave a comment:

• liamdawe
    replied
    Originally posted by Naib View Post
    I just asked because I have never heard of GSB but it looks cool but checking their site no linux (windows and mac) as well as saying No linux support.

I believe it is linux native, just odd no mention on their site
    sure its not winelib?
    Like other have said - yes we are sure.

I even just gave it a blast, works very very well on my laptop using "optirun" (Ironhide as my laptop is nvidia/intel dual chipset).

-Liam Dawe
    Linux Gaming, SteamOS and Steam Deck gaming. Covering Linux Gaming News, Linux Games, SteamOS, Indie Game Reviews, Steam Play Proton and more.

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Super Meat Boy is huge, I'm surprised you haven't all heard of it. But I'm equally surprised to see it here after hearing the developers slagging off Linux users in a podcast a little while back. They were basically like "screw you, this source code is ours" while failing to acknowledge that releasing on Linux didn't necessarily mean open sourcing the code. Maybe they were trying to make a joke but it just sounded arrogant to me.
    Last edited by Chewi; 13 December 2011, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X