Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• archibald
    replied
    The games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux (system requirements here). Please note that this is the initial release of seven Linux builds, so please be patient while we fix 1.0 issues as fast as we can.
    It's right there on the humble bundle website (3rd paragraph). Following the link to the system requirements clarifies (even further) that Linux is supported.
    Last edited by archibald; 13 December 2011, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by Naib View Post
    I just asked because I have never heard of GSB but it looks cool but checking their site no linux (windows and mac) as well as saying No linux support.

I believe it is linux native, just odd no mention on their site
    sure its not winelib?
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time if a title makes its (native) Linux debut with the HIB and has not been promoted in advance.
    Not knowing what's coming up with the next HIB is part of the game...

Leave a comment:

• Naib
    replied
    I just asked because I have never heard of GSB but it looks cool but checking their site no linux (windows and mac) as well as saying No linux support.

I believe it is linux native, just odd no mention on their site
    sure its not winelib?

Leave a comment:

• liamdawe
    replied
    Originally posted by Naib View Post
    is GSB linux-native? the GSB states it is not
    Of course it is, the whole point of HIB is native games on Linux, Mac and Windows. They have only just come out for Linux in this Bundle.

Also @ Mike - Phoronix;

"with mixed success."

What has been mixed about any of the bundles? All have hit well over 500k i would call each one of them a massive success considering all the titles are small indie games, your journalism is getting worse.

For real gaming news - www.gamingonlinux.com

Leave a comment:

• sevens
    replied
    Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
    ... Add to that the removal of EFF from the charities list (for whatever reason), ...
    This seems to be on request of the developers of this bundle, see http://twitter.com/#!/humble/status/146655575290286080 They'll be adding EFF back again in the future though.

Disappointed by this too...

Leave a comment:

• Naib
    replied
    Originally posted by gururise View Post
    The only game I've heard of in this bundle is "Gratuitous Space Battles". I bought the bundle anyway... I love that I am able to game natively on Linux.

is GSB linux-native? the GSB states it is not

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    What's that thing about "redeemable on steam"? Is steam in any way required?
    No it's not. You can download the file manually for all target OSs
    Typically they add Desura links later on for most titles.

On a side note: I really love this bundle. The current indieroyal bundle offers, again, not a single native Linux game.

Leave a comment:

• dcc24
    replied
    I've looked really hard at all the games, watched Youtube videos etc. but none of them seem interesting to me. Add to that the removal of EFF from the charities list (for whatever reason), I think I'll skip a HIB for the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Some games do not even start using squeeze:

bit.trip.runner: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by bit.trip.runner)

a desktop file is also missing for bit.trip.runner...

Leave a comment:

• ChemicalBrother
    replied
    Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    What's that thing about "redeemable on steam"? Is steam in any way required?
    How is Steam required with no native client for Linux? And no, it is not required, you can only redeem it on Steam, which is nice. Maybe on Desura, if these games will be purchasable on Desura.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X