No announcement yet.

Steel Storm Episode I is out !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I have had a chance to play it a bit more, I can say it's a fun game. Too bad Mesa is slow as hell still, but it works at least. The game is a bit too easy; I hope that's just for the demo, otherwise crank it up to buttraping insanely hard level.

Comment

Thanks Melcar!

This is not a demo, this is a full Episode I
      We didn't expect so many hard core players to play it, so we were aiming at casual crowd. Currently we are working on improving balance in the gameplay and cooking some hardcore missions for a small free mission pack, with hardcore missions.
      Episode II will be even more fun, because you will have more cool objectives there.

Comment

The gui does not allow me to select 1920x1200, the max is 1680x1050. Why?

Comment

because none of the developers of the game has screens with such resolution

Comment

Well then add 1980x1080, 1920x1200 and 2560x1600.

Comment

We can't just add it because it need to be tested for stretching and elements alignment. Our screens can't do that resolution thus we can't test it. So I am can't say when that resolution will be in the game.
              With active community support, we could buy new monitors that support such resolution, and have it done

Comment

Thats the most stupid crap i ever heard. You just need to set the aspect ratio correctly. Which would be 1:1 or 16:9, 16:10, 16:10 (just like 1680x1050). I can manually modify the config file too, but logically it would be more easy to select it in the menu. Usually you would parse xrandr for possible res.

Comment

Just add the extra resolutions as "unsupported" resolutions. Not your fault if they don't work right that way.

Comment

@Kano: I am sorry to feed you so called "stupid crap", but things are not the same they seem to be.
                    Geez, some ppl are surely spoiled nowadays. 1680x1050 is not good anymore?
                    Run the game from cmd with following parameters: ./steelstorm -fullscreen -width 1920 -height 1200

And for the future reference, demands like: "Well then add 1980x1080, 1920x1200 and 2560x1600", won't help the situation.

Comment

@Melcar: can't do that. Need to test it first. IMO "unsupported resolutions" looks sloppy, as if developers didn't bother to test it.

Comment

Working...
                      X