No announcement yet.

Steel Storm Episode I is out !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, cool. So the game runs on Linux ATI now?

Comment

Works fine here, but I have no idea how it behaves with Catalyst, that's a totally different driver.

Comment

I didn't find anything wrong with 10-8 except the bloom issue.

Comment

bloom is just a bunch of small parameters we need to tune up
          btw, getting mission editor ready, SandStorm, to be released soon.

Comment

With this week's xorg-edgers updates it kind of works. Map loads fine and I can move around. Still crashes, though it seems to happen at random times. And yeah, bloom is really bad.

Code:
            Mesa 7.9-devel implementation error: Invalid texBaseFormat 0xd10000 in calculate_derived_texenv
            Please report at bugzilla.freedesktop.org
            Assertion 'pthread_mutex_lock(&m->mutex) == 0' failed at pulsecore/mutex-posix.c:90, function pa_mutex_lock(). Aborting.
            Aborted

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
              With this week's xorg-edgers updates it kind of works. Map loads fine and I can move around. Still crashes, though it seems to happen at random times. And yeah, bloom is really bad.

Code:
              Mesa 7.9-devel implementation error: Invalid texBaseFormat 0xd10000 in calculate_derived_texenv
              Please report at bugzilla.freedesktop.org
              Assertion 'pthread_mutex_lock(&m->mutex) == 0' failed at pulsecore/mutex-posix.c:90, function pa_mutex_lock(). Aborting.
              Aborted
              The crash seems to come from PulseAudio, so you might want to disable it and see if it still crashes. I'm using PA though, and it's working fine, FWIW.

Haven't seen the implementation error before, filing a bug is probably a good idea, just as the message suggests

Comment

If you guys figure out that ATI video driver and Audio Driver works best (and on which distro), please let us know, so we can put that info into the readme.txt

Comment

Hey guys, could you help us spread the word about Steel Storm as we are not getting the traffic we need (that means we are not getting pre-orders, which jeopardizes whole Episode II operation)?

Comment

Hi, where can I download the source code of the Game?

Comment

nowhere yet It will come out with Episode II.
                      However the engine source code is available. It comes with the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X