Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch Online Controller Support Coming With Linux 6.8

Phoronix: Nintendo Switch Online Controller Support Coming With Linux 6.8

The Nintendo HID open-source driver is being extended with the Linux 6.8 kernel to support the Nintendo Switch Online "NSO" controllers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I though that Nintendo finally came to their senses like Sony and Microsoft and made an official driver for their controllers...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      And I though that Nintendo finally came to their senses like Sony and Microsoft and made an official driver for their controllers...
      That will never happen, they don't support anything outside of their own ecosystem. They are the Apple of the console world, except the hardware sucks and is outdated.

Comment

Is this when using it with USB or am I just misunderstanding the article? I bought the NSO N64 controller a couple of weeks ago and have been using it on my Steam Deck over Bluetooth without any problems. It showed up as N64 in the Bluetooth settings and I didn't have to map anything before using it either.

Comment

Originally posted by PatricF View Post
          Is this when using it with USB or am I just misunderstanding the article? I bought the NSO N64 controller a couple of weeks ago and have been using it on my Steam Deck over Bluetooth without any problems. It showed up as N64 in the Bluetooth settings and I didn't have to map anything before using it either.
          Perhaps Valve backported the patches to their kernel in advance?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            Nintendo is known to not embrace cross-platform game development (save for a few mobile titles), so I highly doubt if they even have the incentive to do so.

Comment

Working...
            X