Valve Updates Half-Life For 25th Anniversary - Adds Official Steam Deck Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustK View Post
    These Resident Evil games are still missing in my collection, but I can't decide which one to pick.
    May I kindly ask if you could surprise me?
    I used an online random generator and it picked RE0 so I sent you the key for it

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I used an online random generator and it picked RE0 so I sent you the key for it
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
        When Steam servers shut down, you unfortunately won't be able to install and run the game on any machine you want. You won't even be able to replace GPU Hard Disk or it will change the DRM hash key and trigger the need for a reactivation.
        Yeah so, put Steam Data in a BTRFS or ZFS subvolume, and do daily snapshots -- either on server or gaming computer. Then have a second cron/systemd script delete extra old copies 6 days a week. Then if it happens, you will have your stuff and can roll foreward or back.

There was a DLL mod project or something a while ago where you can make steam work offline forever by swapping a DLL or SO.

This isnt meant as a "fix" to your concern but only practical advice.

Obviously everyone here would prefer DRM free and Offline Forever and LAN ALWAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

Yeah so, put Steam Data in a BTRFS or ZFS subvolume, and do daily snapshots -- either on server or gaming computer. Then have a second cron/systemd script delete extra old copies 6 days a week. Then if it happens, you will have your stuff and can roll foreward or back.
          This unfortunately won't solve the issue when you inevitably need to replace the hardware. Hardware can never last forever.

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          There was a DLL mod project or something a while ago where you can make steam work offline forever by swapping a DLL or SO.
          Yeah, a Steam emulator or Steam.dll hook. There are many cracks. Similar technique to many of the Windows DRM cracks too.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

Truth. It's even in the TOS.
            Except if you're in France, where the court considered that the games "lawned for life" are actually sold.
            So Valve is not allowed to remove games you bought from your library, whatever the reason might be (even if the game is removed from Steam).

Comment

I tried to download and play it. It does not work.
              When I tried check local files it seems to hang at 0%.

Will try again tomorrow and wonder if the steam servers cant keep up.
              Weird for an old game, if that is the problem though.

Comment

Steam doesn't remove games from your library even if they are removed from the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
                  I tried to download and play it. It does not work.
                  When I tried check local files it seems to hang at 0%.

Will try again tomorrow and wonder if the steam servers cant keep up.
                  Weird for an old game, if that is the problem though.
                  I still don't understand what was wrong.
                  But after removing steam an reinstalling it, its working again.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    I'm going through my Humble keys and I saw that I had a few unused keys from a Capcom bundle so I can also gift the following games:

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster
                    Resident Evil HD Remaster
                    Resident Evil Revelations
                    Strider

Strider is as restricted as the other keys, but the Resident Evil games are only restricted from:

AM AZ BR BY GE JP KG KZ MD RU TJ TM UA UZ​

Please ask in the thread. I already missed one PM. I'm bad about seeing those.
                    Hey, could I have Resident Evil HD Remaster if you still have it? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X