No announcement yet.

Valve Updates Half-Life For 25th Anniversary - Adds Official Steam Deck Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Updates Half-Life For 25th Anniversary - Adds Official Steam Deck Support

Phoronix: Valve Updates Half-Life For 25th Anniversary - Adds Official Steam Deck Support

This weekend marks 25 years already since Valve originally released Half-Life! In celebration of this milestone, Valve released today the Half-Life 25th Anniversary Update that now includes official Steam Deck support, Steam networking and controller support, updated graphics settings, and more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

bring it to gog.com? no interest in logging into my steam account i didnt use for year...

Comment

Its true. I didn't want my first post on this thread to be a "downer" so I waited for someone else but I think we are beyond the point where we need strict DRM on that game.

The updated assets might work on the Xash3D engine at least? I do enjoy playing it at work with colleagues.
      Last edited by kpedersen; 17 November 2023, 04:23 PM.

Comment

If y'all don't already have it, Half Life is free for life until the 20th. All ya gotta do is add it to your account.

Speaking of free games on Steam, I got the WB bundle on Humble and I have two Steam keys left over.

If two of y'all want a copy of Mad Max or Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor just let me know and I'll PM you a giftable link. First come first serve.

ONLY Mad Mas is left.

What a coincidence that I already own the Linux native games...from a previous bundle

Oh, if you're in one of these regions or can't get around region locks then please don't ask:

Update: I posted this on the 2nd page but thought it be more visible here:

I'm going through my Humble keys and I saw that I had a few unused keys from a Capcom bundle so I can also gift the following games:

Gifted -- Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster
        Gifted -- Resident Evil HD Remaster
        Gifted -- Resident Evil Revelations
        Strider

Strider is as restricted as the other keys, but the Resident Evil games are only restricted from:

AM AZ BR BY GE JP KG KZ MD RU TJ TM UA UZ​

Please ask in the thread. I already missed one PM. I'm bad about seeing those.​
        Last edited by skeevy420; 22 November 2023, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post
          bring it to gog.com? no interest in logging into my steam account i didnt use for year...
          As much as I agree, I doubt that will ever happen as GOG is a direct competitor. Though if you ask me, they should just open source 1 & 2 at this point like id did with Doom releases before they got bought. It's obvious Valve is largely resting on its laurels at this point and only doing the minimum to get by (yes, this even includes Steam Deck - it's a conspiracist's bet against MS locking down Windows which is growing increasingly irrelevant in the gaming market anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            Half Life is free for life until the 20th. All ya gotta do is add it to your account.
            So technically it is an unspecified time limited demo whilst Steam servers exist?

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

So technically it is an unspecified time limited demo whilst Steam servers exist?
              Truth. It's even in the TOS.

Comment

For me personally some games just didn't age very well.
                ​​​​​I never played Half-Life as a kid, but I really enjoyed Half-Life 2 and its episodes.
                I've tried to play the first Half-Life a couple of years ago... But I just couldn't get into it.
                Pushing the little table into beam opening the portal to the alien dimension and stuff.
                I guess if you played it as a kid you can appreciate it more.

Same goes for my Sega Dreamcast console which I've recently modded with an optical drive emulator (GDEmu).
                I now have a big set of games stored into some sd-card so I can play some of the classics such as Resident Evil Code Veronica.
                Because everyone praised that game back in the days and I didn't have it.
                I've tried to play it for like 15 minutes before turning it off.
                The character movement is so stiff having to turn around with the dpad.
                I just couldn't get into that game as well lol.

Comment

Great game I never had it in my steam account as it was released long before steam was available Maybe we will see HL3 someday !

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
                    Can I ?

Comment

Working...
                    X