No announcement yet.

Counter-Strike 2 Now Available With An Initial Linux Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's using SDL3, interesting.

I did have no audio after joining a match once, exited and relaunched game, that was working.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      It's a shame there's no macOS support.
      More to the point... its a shame to use macOS these days. They have made sure to butcher everything that is even slightly outside of Apple control wall.

You don't use macOS, they use you!

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        It's a shame there's no macOS support.
        The launcher script still has OSX support, probably didn't want to delay launch for OSX support. There might need more work there with having to deal with metal or w/e

Comment

Is this game open source? If yes, where is the source code? If no, why is it here?

Comment

Originally posted by rockiron View Post
            Is this game open source? If yes, where is the source code? If no, why is it here?
            Counter strike source is here

Counter-Strike: Source blends Counter-Strike's award-winning teamplay action with the advanced technology of Source™ technology.

Comment

Originally posted by mackal View Post
              Looks like it's using SDL3, interesting.
              Yep. I also cannot force wayland for CS2, just like I did it for CS:GO by using SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland and at least on my intel arc graphics are a buggy mess.

Comment

Now I am curious how many people are NOT using the AMDGPU driver? It came out ages ago

Comment

Officially Starting Era of Gaming on Linux...

Comment

Originally posted by rockiron View Post
                    It's here because it's a game that runs natively on Linux. If you don't like it start your own news website

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                      So playing cs on controller?? Hmm, how does that feel?
                      I doubt people will be playing this with a controller. Even if i play on the steam deck I'd use a keyboard and mouse..

Comment

Working...
                      X