Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike 2 Now Available With An Initial Linux Build

Phoronix: Counter-Strike 2 Now Available With An Initial Linux Build

Following the Counter-Strike 2 limited test since March, Counter-Strike 2 is now officially released and there is also a SteamOS/Linux build now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So that's what that 33.2GB update is for. I've had this game installed for 10 years and have accumulated a massive two minutes of play time. It came with a Valve bundle I got to play the Portal games.

A lie!? Pfft. The cake is mythology.

Comment

Darn, 85Gb.

Comment

If you get a weird post-update issue that the executable is missing, game files weight few megabytes and files integrity verification finds nothing wrong — just restart Steam (eventually clear download cache?).
        I've seen a lot of people complain about it on community hub.

Comment

OOT, but could you run some benchmarks of jdk 21 vs 17 as well Michael? People are touting big increases.

Comment

First read "7000" and thought it meant Radeon 7000, but then i figured it´s 7000 HD .
            Very old card, but nice to see that it´s still supported and rocking a vulkan driver!

Comment

It's a shame there's no macOS support.

Comment

Looks like it's very early for the Linux port. I didn't get any sound in the game and even though I get around 90-120 FPS, the frame pacing is just horrible. I'm on Wayland so no way to disable vsync for now, but that probably means a lot of screen tearing on X. Too lazy to check it out, I'll revisit in a month or so.

Comment

So playing cs on controller?? Hmm, how does that feel?

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
                    Looks like it's very early for the Linux port. I didn't get any sound in the game and even though I get around 90-120 FPS, the frame pacing is just horrible. I'm on Wayland so no way to disable vsync for now, but that probably means a lot of screen tearing on X. Too lazy to check it out, I'll revisit in a month or so.
                    Explicitly choosing an audio device in the Audio settings "fixed" the no audio issue for me on Fedora 38.

It seems AMDGPU+mesa is affected by colorful outlines for the smoke grenades. While AMD APUs+mesa do not seem to render the smoke at all with enemies being fully rendered behind the "invisible" smoke... that's a No Go for a competitive shooter... https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csg...ent-1738151926

UPDATE: Both the smoke bug on AMDGPU and the sound issue have been fixed by a recent game update.
                    Last edited by Mershl; 29 September 2023, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X