No announcement yet.

Unigine 2.17 Brings Production-Ready Vulkan & DX12 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux-friendly engine? How is Unigine any more Linux-friendly than Godot, Source, Unity, or Unreal Engine? Or any of the other engines?
    What game/render engine does not support Linux in 2023?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      What game/render engine does not support Linux in 2023?
      Last time I checked around 95% of them.

Unless you're posting from a parallel dimension that is.

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
        Last time I checked around 95% of them.

Unless you're posting from a parallel dimension that is.
        Godot, Source, Unity, or Unreal Engine all support Linux. They're the big ones.

The ones that don't support Linux are the in-house ones. I think the commercial ones do support Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
          They are afaik Russians and its used for military simulations.. For Russian military simulations, so blood money.. No thx.
          Why do most people that (correctly) accuse the Russian military as bloody, don't say a word about the USA military that is even bloodier?

Comment

Originally posted by marios View Post

Why do most people that (correctly) accuse the Russian military as bloody, don't say a word about the USA military that is even bloodier?
            USA is the best country in the world to get rich selling books on how bloody horrible it is.

Comment

Because they are hopelessly brainwashed by what the T.V. tells them to think.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post

Because they are hopelessly brainwashed by what the T.V. tells them to think.
                ๐Ÿคกโ€‹๐Ÿคกโ€‹๐Ÿคกโ€‹๐Ÿคกโ€‹๐Ÿคกโ€‹

Comment

I am German. I spent my youth in Berlin during the cold war and lived in the US in 1980-81 meeting kids my age who were Jewish and came from Holocaust survivors.

I grew up being guilty by being German and a bit of survivors guilt as well, because my parents somehow had managed to survive both the war and the pilfering that came after, where many of their family died from hunger, because the Russian soldiers took the saved up (baby) food supplies away with them.

There are good people on all these sides, probably even brilliant ones in the technical teams and wonderful souls on the softer human side of things.
                  And most likely there are assholes, too, who typically manage not to do too much damage as a functioning society manages to contain their potential harm.

But it's people like Hitler and Putin who break these social controls and let the worst traits and pople in a society reach critical mass and turn entire civilizations into a negative force that crushes decades if not centuries of good work.

Let's just hope that Putin is gone soon and will not get replaced by something similarly bad or even worse so we can concentrate on leaving our kids a planet they can still live on.

But I can't help being a little glad, too, that the bucket of being the worst regarded nation on the planet has finally passed on: even my parents were small kids when the Nazis were defeated and occasionally I feel we've carried the huge extra burden of guilt long enough.

As an older white educated middle-class male I still am a moral low-life in the eyes of plenty young otherwise attractive young women, who I'd much rather have as mothers to my grandchildren than screaming my my face, but I realize you can't have everything.

And no, I currently wouldn't recommend using anything from Unigine, SW-soft or other great Russion tech companies, because code and its authors can be weaponized and thus will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                    They are afaik Russians and its used for military simulations.. For Russian military simulations, so blood money.. No thx.
                    Just because they receive money from the government doesn't mean its BLOOD money. Otherwise the USA is a MUCH bigger offender with military blood money going to private companies!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Just because they receive money from the government doesn't mean its BLOOD money. Otherwise the USA is a MUCH bigger offender with military blood money going to private companies!
                      If they're russians but work elsewhere those money can be clean. However if they pay taxes to russia or subsidized by russian government(whether directly or not)โ€‹ then they help russian invasion. And there is no room for whataboutism here, enough with it already.

Comment

Working...
                      X