Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot 4.0 RC1 Released

Phoronix: Godot 4.0 RC1 Released

The open-source Godot 4.0 game engine will finally be released soon while being christened today is the initial release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

being christened
    And i thought programmers were mostly secular science-based people?

Comment

Thank god their not 😇

Comment

Interesting, may i ask whether you are USA based? USA is the only western country with significant Christian population that actively pursue their religion. But even there Christianity is in decline. The only growth markets seem to be latin america and african third world countries.

Some UK graph:

On-topic: i am recently interested in Unreal Engine 5 remakes of older games. But it is not open source and not entirely free either? How does Godot compare to UE5 for example?
        Last edited by Velocity; 08 February 2023, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Velocity View Post
          Interesting, may i ask whether you are USA based? USA is the only western country with significant Christian population that actively pursue their religion. But even there Christianity is in decline. The only growth markets seem to be latin america and african third world countries.

On-topic: i am recently interested in Unreal Engine 5 remakes of older games. But it is not open source and not entirely free either? How does Godot compare to UE5 for example?
          Scroll down and click on Phoronix Media

Comment

I did but I don't really understand your point? I can see Phoronix Media is based in the USA & Global, is that what you are referring to?

Comment

Is it still requiring that ugly/horrible slow build-system called scons to be built?

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
                Is it still requiring that ugly/horrible slow build-system called scons to be built?
                while the main branch still requires scons, there is a fork that seems to be mostly 1:1 with the main branch that uses meson(it seems the person who is making the fork is trying to get it pulled in).

can check it out here: https://github.com/jpakkane/godot

Comment

How many more RCs? ETA to release?

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
                    Pyston is fully compatible with SCons and can be used to speed it up noticeably on Linux and macOS.

Comment

Working...
                    X