Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Epic Fail
    05-05-2009 02:23 PM -> 05-13-2009 06:32 PM
    Slightly more then a day, right?

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Last call for questions... Get them in today if you want them answered.
    19. What is your experience with OpenGL drivers? Do you routinely encounter bugs on either vendor that force you to implement workarounds? Do you use multiple code paths, not only per hardware level (SM2, SM3, SM4), but also per-vendor?

20. This may a little too technical, but do you use a forward or a deferred renderer? If it is the latter, how did you implement FSAA? Is it done as a custom post-process edge-detect filter, or have you implemented some novel algorithm for this?

21. What approach do you take for GI (Global Illumination)? SSAO or something newer/better?

22. What are your thoughts on OpenCL? Are there any plans to use it for e.g. physics in the future?

Edit: 23. What is the triangle budget for a typical scene?

Leave a comment:

• MartjeB
    replied
    That would be awesome, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Early next week, hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• MartjeB
    replied
    When will we get the answers to these questions?

Leave a comment:

• dashcloud
    replied
    After looking at the feature list, it's very impressive.
    I'm curious to know if there's going to be a Blender import or export plugin?
    Your page says Unigine 1.0 supports R300 & up- if there are any more updates to it planned, would you support the open-source Radeon driver? (I understand the performance isn't the same).

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Last call for questions... Get them in today if you want them answered.

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by r0ck View Post
    12. Your "Indie" prices are virtually the same as the regular prices only that a larger part of the sum can be paid after an investor has stepped in. Do you plan on lowering the prices once Unigine is established a little more? I can hardly think of an Indie-dev that would sign up for a 40,000 Dollar engine.
    Not to sound like a prick but if the engine is as good as the pictures and videos would make it seem like, it would probably be well worth it. The investor likely gives you more than enough money to pay the bill if you play your cards right. (Also seems to me the page says you don't have to pay the second part at all if the project goes bust before release. Then again, another way to read it is: do not release before you get an investor)

Leave a comment:

• niniendowarrior
    replied
    17. What do you intend and/or expect to achieve in the Linux space with this engine?

18. Does the engine support external and third party libraries? (if I want to use different API for sound, or physics, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• MartjeB
    replied
    Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    its questions like this that stop leadwerks engine from ever going to linux. The dev's over there think that everyone in the linux community wants everything for free.
    "After a few years". The engine will be out-of-date then, anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X