DXVK 1.9.1 Released With Several Game Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    Nice to see fixes on Risen 3, unfortunately the game does still freeze up allot for AMD users also.
    Can you file a bug? Seems to be stable here on Windows Nvidia DXVK and Proton Experimental, though I didn't play extensively.

Also no WMV support.
    You mean the game menu etc.? That's a Wine issue, it works with DXVK on Windows.

Comment

Nice to see fixes on Risen 3, unfortunately the game does still freeze up allot for AMD users also. Also no WMV support.
      In my case risen 3 (32bit edition) works ok (with wmv files) but i use 32bit wine (compiled) and have installed wmf redistributables and directx files

Comment

Yes well it needs to work with 64bit version. Unless Steam decides to roll out 32bit proton containers... Also I think 64bit version is the enhanced version apparently.

The game does have some freeze issues in certain situations under windows but are related to game bugs such as shooting mobs in river waters.

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        Can you file a bug? Seems to be stable here on Windows Nvidia DXVK and Proton Experimental, though I didn't play extensively.
        You mean the game menu etc.? That's a Wine issue, it works with DXVK on Windows.
        I opened a ticket on Proton github and provided a windows10 apitrace. The issue is often not seen if you don't play through the starter level a bit, sometimes It can trigger during cut-scenes more frequently. At times the freeze bug can be very specific while other times it can be 100% random.

The game menu runs a WMV video in the background and some other stuff in game uses WMV, unfortunately even ProtonGE can't make WMV work in this 64bit environment but it seems under 32bit container and 32bit version of the game it works. THIS suggest the WMV support in proton's is solely 32bit and not the 64bit player variety.

Last edited by theriddick; 27 July 2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
          Happy to see Roblox getting some love....
          I wonder when it will be easy to install

Comment

Working...
          X