Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.9.1 Released With Several Game Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 1.9.1 Released With Several Game Fixes

DXVK 1.9.1 is out as the newest version of this key component to Steam Play / Proton for running Windows games on Linux with DXVK being responsible for translating Direct3D 9/10/11 calls to Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice wouldn't have expected so much improvments even some rewrites. Lately the development is rather calming down for obvious reasons.

Comment

Happy to see Roblox getting some love....
      I wonder when it will be easy to install

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        Nice wouldn't have expected so much improvments even some rewrites. Lately the development is rather calming down for obvious reasons.
        Yes, it is because the DXVK has for all intents and purposes entered maintenance mode. "It's because DXVK has become a fragile, unreliable and frustrating maintenance nightmare. Most of the 1.4.x releases introduced major regressions which I cannot reproduce, and therefore cannot debug and fix...Doing any sort of active development with this broken mess of a code base would only make this worse, and I wish I had drawn the line sooner. The only thing I still plan to do is wire up some useful Vulkan extensions and eventually merge D9VK, the rest will be bug fixing only." - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...intenance-Mode

It seems like the long term future will be the Wine DirectX 9-11 -> Vulkan translation layer and DXVK will be maintained only until that is ready.

Comment

wat

i need 5 characters so heres a frog emoji 🐸

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad42 View Post
            It seems like the long term future will be the Wine DirectX 9-11 -> Vulkan translation layer and DXVK will be maintained only until that is ready.
            Well, this is not really an option, unless you're in cryo-freeze or a turtle with extraordinary life expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post
              wat

i need 5 characters so heres a frog emoji 🐸
              DXVK legend #2 speaks. While you're here, I recall way back when that shared surfaces were not supported by DXVK, which was one of the only features a gallium tracker like nine has/had over DXVK. Would you know off the top of your head if this is still true?

Comment

Nobody supports that on Linux.

Comment

Nice to see fixes on Risen 3, unfortunately the game does still freeze up allot for AMD users also. Also no WMV support.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad42 View Post

Yes, it is because the DXVK has for all intents and purposes entered maintenance mode.
                    There's been almost a thousand commits since that was written, that's some crazy maintenance!

Comment

Working...
                    X