Total War: Rome Remastered + Metro Exodus Coming To Linux In April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loganj View Post
    does GOG gets any updates to their games?
    Sure, with GOG Galaxy even autoupdate is available. Not sure though how GOG compare to Steam on latest games updates availability.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post

Sure, with GOG Galaxy even autoupdate is available. Not sure though how GOG compare to Steam on latest games updates availability.
      Varies wildly depending on developer, some provide timely updates (eg: Techland with Dying Light, where I swear sometimes I can download the new installer/patch before it hits Steam!) while others treat GOG as an afterthought.

Comment

Besides Valheim, there hasn't been much in the way of native Linux game releases recently to really get excited about
        And plenty more and that's only just recently a few off the top of my head.

Comment

Will Metro be using a custom/low level translation layer or end up as just another dxvk title?

Comment

I've never seen any Feral games on GOG, Mad Max just came to GOG but it was windows only. I bought Metro Exodus on GOG but I could only get the sound working with Wine 4.0, wine 5.0 and later had no sound, like all the other Metro games.

Even though I've already got Exodus, I'll probably buy it again just to support Feral and have a "native" port that works with all the fancy Vulkan graphics. I've never been disappointed by a Feral game although I do need to preload several "Compat" libraries to get Mad Max going.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
              Even though I've already got Exodus, I'll probably buy it again just to support Feral and have a "native" port that works with all the fancy Vulkan graphics.
              That will be ported by 4A Games.

Comment

Good to see "new" games ported to linux, but I'm not particularly interested in either game.
                Last edited by r1348; 27 March 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I may get Rome Remastered depending on the price. I liked the original game and have it on Steam, but the performance is horrible for some reason (even on Windows).

Comment

Definitely one of the best total war games. Sadly the series lost its way for more than a decade now. I can't stand playing modern total wars anymore.

As for Linux native games, well, Linux does not get many AAA games and i think the real reason is political, not technical. But indies are plentiful and to be honest in the current gpu market who cares about next gen AAA gaming anyway? As long as Linux gets most interesting indies and strategy games, i am happy.

Comment

no laptops or gpu because mining, who cares about pc games right now?

Comment

Working...
                      X