No announcement yet.

Total War: Rome Remastered + Metro Exodus Coming To Linux In April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no laptops or gpu because mining, who cares about pc games right now?

Comment

Really happy that Metro Exodus is finally coming to Linux. I have tried to run my Steam version through Proton and various wine versions and it runs at about 2-3 fps on my my machine with an RX 5700XT. I have wondered if this is something to do with my system being dual socket EPYC, but haven't had much time to look into it more closely. Most other games run quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

Thanks for posting this list of native Linux games, but unfortunately I don't see any game there that I would like to play. I prefer games such as (in alphabetical order) Assassin's Creed, Control, Life is Strange, Mad Max, Remember Me, Shadow of Mordor or Tomb Raider - games that have a story and a sufficiently large 3D world.
        Have you tried Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
          Have you tried Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
          Yes, but only for an hour or so, some time ago. I have slightly better hardware now and Mesa has been improved since then, so I might give it another try someday.

Comment

When you say "coming to Linux", which distros are you talking about? Are they packaged as snaps/flatpacks?

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

Thanks for posting this list of native Linux games, but unfortunately I don't see any game there that I would like to play. I prefer games such as (in alphabetical order) Assassin's Creed, Control, Life is Strange, Mad Max, Remember Me, Shadow of Mordor or Tomb Raider - games that have a story and a sufficiently large 3D world.
              The latest Tomb Raider titles are native on Linux, or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post
                The latest Tomb Raider titles are native on Linux, or am I wrong?
                Life is Strange (3 games), Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor and Tomb Raider (3 games) are native Linux titles.

Comment

The Tomb Raider games are Feral ports.

Comment

So Rome TW has been released. Anyone tried it on Linux yet? Tempted to get it seeing as I have the 50% discount (still a bit more than what I would want to spend). Reviews are mixed so far, mostly from OS compatibility issues on the Windows side. I expect that to be fixed with future patches from Feral. More interested in how it runs under Linux+Mesa.

Comment

Working...
                    X