Valve Publishes Initial Steam Linux Figures For 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
    Sorry, I didn't make my point clearly. I don't think any company is writing games for DX9 today or even in the last three years. I'm just saying that even 5 years ago companies were still targeting DX9 to reach wider audiences, and those games are still around and popular. I'm sure the next Battlefield, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, etc... etc... won't work with those. But World of Warcraft and League of Legends and similar are still popular and as far as I know still compatible with DX9.
    To name a few more titles. World of Tanks, World of Warships and War Thunder (a Vulkan backend is WIP, though).
    They are all mainly using DX9 for wider player base (at least before I afk).

Comment

A low Linux % will also be due to GPU passthrough with VFIO being mature now. Performance is a little better than proton & is a lot less fiddly per game.

On an FX 8370 / Rx 570 I can play without stutter in a KVM Windows 10 VM:
      • The Division
      • Rise of the Tomb Raider
      • Hitman
      • Dishonored 2
      • Watch Dogs
      • Sleeping Dogs
      • Fallout 4
      • Doom
      • Battlefield 1 & 4
      The trick is to use real time schedulers on the pinned cores & on iothreads.
      Last edited by itoffshore; 06 February 2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
        To name a few more titles. World of Tanks, World of Warships and War Thunder (a Vulkan backend is WIP, though).
        They are all mainly using DX9 for wider player base (at least before I afk).
        Do you really want to install software of Russian/Belorussian origin?

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Do you really want to install software of Russian/Belorussian origin?
          Good question. Well, it's not so easy to find fighter simulator that does not belong to this category (DCS world is also russian).
          I think steam games have been sandboxed with flatpak Steam?

Comment

ArMA 3, KOTH 1944 mod?

Comment

Working...
            X