Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    For use DX11 mode this needed some steps

Winecfg needs put in windows to imitate: windows 7 and in wine register needs have on direct3d wine section this entries:

MaxShaderModelGS set on 5

MaxShaderModelPS set on 5

MaxShaderModelVS set on 5

Respect game runs considerably slow on DX11 mode (unplayable in this point) without forget issues in some objects like plants and some enemies

Other issue stay on excesive cpu use compared with DX9 mode

Wait, so not only does DX10 already work to some degree, DX11 does too! (Albeit flawed at this time...)

Still, I'd call that "Double World Premiere!" :-)

Thanks a lot, and keep testing for the greatness of Wine!
    (I can already imagine the day when we will be able to play pretty much any game on Linux...)

Comment

Imho, while CSMT was a nice step in performance it only makes older games playable. (**Atleast on the AMD side of things) I've been playing the 3rd instalment of Starcraft 2 and it was unplayable using CSMT. With gallium-nine enabled however, performance was very good. Hopefully more support will come to gallium-nine in the future in the form of DX10/11 support.

**I've seen people running modern games with CSMT on Nvidia hardware with the proprietary driver and it looks very playable, however they were running high end hardware, which might explain some of the performance difference.
      Last edited by LeJimster; 17 April 2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Even with CSMT, I do notice the odd stutter in the LEGO games, though almost entirely during the cut scenes. I really want to try Nine and have it enabled in Mesa (Gentoo, yay!) but am I right in thinking the patches aren't available for recent Wine versions? I'm using 1.9.5 right now, about to update to 1.9.7.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
          Even with CSMT, I do notice the odd stutter in the LEGO games, though almost entirely during the cut scenes. I really want to try Nine and have it enabled in Mesa (Gentoo, yay!) but am I right in thinking the patches aren't available for recent Wine versions? I'm using 1.9.5 right now, about to update to 1.9.7.
          Can't comment on Gentoo as I'm running Arch, but there is a gallium-nine patched wine @ version 1.9.7 in the AUR. I'm using 1.9.4 though as it takes forever and a day to compile :-P.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
            Even with CSMT, I do notice the odd stutter in the LEGO games, though almost entirely during the cut scenes

In my case have various lego games and runs good (and i use wine vanilla only*), however i dont use shadows or special light effects (personally i dont like this effects)

However in lego games stability has improve

In before game versions, crash after isildur leave mount of destiny but now is more stable as appear in test

*Mainly for support, however csmt in various titles give a huge boost case aliens colonial marines, rise of the triad and others

Last edited by pinguinpc; 17 April 2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

I'm still waiting for wine able to run Dark Souls 2 - Scholar of the first sin. Now, Dark Souls 3 is out.
              I've ran Dark Souls 2 on Wine Staging. I believe I even got it working in Gallium Nine, but no real performance benefits.

Comment

Working...
              X