Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundcube Open-Source Webmail Software Merges With Nextcloud

Phoronix: Roundcube Open-Source Webmail Software Merges With Nextcloud

The open-source Roundcube webmail software project has "merged" with Nextcloud, the prominent open-source personal cloud software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LOL. I've switched from RC after so many years to Snappymail App in NC to have everything (mail, calendar, files) in one place. Now it's coming back

Comment

Man that blog post is some ChatGPT gobbledygook... But this is probably good news.
      Native JMAP was on the table before, hope it is now as well (unless it's already been done?).

Comment

As a Nextcloud user, I'm glad they're just merging rather than trying to write their own. NC seems to be adding features quicker than they can polish existing ones.

Comment

I like Nextcloud, I like Roundcube, so here's to hoping this works out!

I'm afraid I'm going to sound alarmist (I mean not to, apologies) but I'm going to keep an extra keen eye on Nextcloud security announcements, given the recent massive ownCloud bug in the wild. So I'm doubly hoping that this issue was not inherited (or has been since fixed) from the fork, and it gets fixed in ownCloud as well quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by leSh0uno5ee View Post
            LOL. I've switched from RC after so many years to Snappymail App in NC to have everything (mail, calendar, files) in one place. Now it's coming back

i'm the opposite, I use roundcube just because it's just an email client not a suite. I used squirrelmail before, but it's development stalled.

I've played around with nextclould, but found it to be jack of all trades master of none. And didn't help that it's not packaged in fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by flakmirror View Post
              I like Nextcloud, I like Roundcube, so here's to hoping this works out!

I'm afraid I'm going to sound alarmist (I mean not to, apologies) but I'm going to keep an extra keen eye on Nextcloud security announcements, given the recent massive ownCloud bug in the wild. So I'm doubly hoping that this issue was not inherited (or has been since fixed) from the fork, and it gets fixed in ownCloud as well quickly.
              It's not a bug in Owncloud. Some Microsoft analitycs library can expose phpinfo from Owncloud container and *only* from container. Core Owncloud (from https://owncloud.com/download-server/) does not have this functionality at all.

Comment

This merger is a dream come true. I suppose many Nextcloud customers had Roundcube as their webmail anyway.

Comment

What will happen to their current HORDE based mail webclient?

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

i'm the opposite, I use roundcube just because it's just an email client not a suite. I used squirrelmail before, but it's development stalled.

I've played around with nextclould, but found it to be jack of all trades master of none. And didn't help that it's not packaged in fedora.
                    oh the good old squirrel

NC is a suite indeed, aiming to replace Google Drive / MS Onedrive. Ofc it's full of features.

Comment

Working...
                    X