IO_uring FUTEX Support In Linux 6.7 For A Nice Performance/Efficiency Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IO_uring FUTEX Support In Linux 6.7 For A Nice Performance/Efficiency Boost

Phoronix: IO_uring FUTEX Support In Linux 6.7 For A Nice Performance/Efficiency Boost

In addition to the continued FUTEX2 improvements that landed in Linux 6.7, another pull request merged last week for the new kernel bring FUTEX support to IO_uring...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So will Wine be faster then?

Comment

Still curious on what happened to NTSYNC (aka Winesync), the wine devs never posted any more news about it.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        So will Wine be faster then?
        Ah yes, wine faster please.

3njbgk.jpg

Comment

1% is considered something to work towards even if there is cross-kernel co-operation needed. 3% seems like a no-brainer. The percentages might seem small, but they have unexpected benefits elsewhere that are not even understood yet.

And of course they might have similar performance penalty, but only way to figure it out is to get it into production.

Comment

i foresee security issues with io_uring somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
              i foresee security issues with io_uring somehow.
              quite late to the game https://www.phoronix.com/news/Google...cting-IO_uring

Comment

One of the most amazing things of recent times.​
                5.15+

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post
                  Yes I know that, io_uring is disabled by any more security orientated entity. I just thought more features would make it an even greater security risk. This is only useful for a gaming OS but even still how many people will know that using their gaming OS should not be used for private stuff. That their apps are not sandboxed. That games can be vectors of stealing all their info etc.

Comment

Ah yes, that classic video game which has been keeping a great number of poor bastards yoked to Windows... PostgreSQL.

What are you smoking, and can I have some?

Comment

Working...
                    X