Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bcachefs Pull Request Submitted For Linux 6.7

Phoronix: Bcachefs Pull Request Submitted For Linux 6.7

Another merge window, another attempt for Bcachefs to be mainlined. This file-system was submitted again today for the now-open Linux 6.7 merge window and it stands better chances this cycle of being upstreamed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

gotta say, I'm so pleased that Kent dropped the patch that mingo objected to rather then have that fight right now. I think there's pretty much nothing left that could cause this to blow up. This means we're due for some very interesting benchmarks coming up.

Comment

So is it going to be merged(finally) for this cycle?

Comment

Hope this patch goes a lot more smoothly, im not really expecting it for 6.7, but if we can at least not have the crapfest of insults and attacks this time, would be a much better situation

Comment

Pleae Michael, do a new round of ssd (or hdd) benchmark of FS'es if this gets merged in 6.7!

Comment

Barring anything major (technical or otherwise) I'm hopeful for 6.7 or 6.8 at this point. We'll see though. Definitely eager for another round of benchmarks if it goes in though!

Comment

And another round of finger-pointing. It get annoying. How did Kent got bcache upstreamed?

Comment

I really hope for him it will work this time. He is still looking for new sponsors btw:

The company that's been funding bcachefs for the past 6 years has, unfortunately, been hit by a business downturn - they've been affected by the strikes in the media production industry. As such, I'm now having to look for new funding.

Would be sad to see him work on something different to pay the bills. Although he has some funding from patreon. He also posted a new status update on patreon yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
                  And another round of finger-pointing. It get annoying. How did Kent got bcache upstreamed?
                  What do you mean? Could you please provide more details and sources about it?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

What do you mean? Could you please provide more details and sources about it?
                    The only new non fs/bcachefs/ patch is the objtool patch that adds bcachefs functions to the list of noreturns. The patch that exports osq_lock() has been dropped for now, per Ingo.​
                    Technically speaking, that's finger-pointing. With the stretching involved to get there my username outta be changed to Armstrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X