• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
    Hopefully, Hans gets free by that time.
    Hopefully not. His sentence should be 25 years to life. The only reason it's not is because the scumbag hid his wife's body.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

Sorry, I'll stop once it's gone. But not before.
    MurderFS should have been excised a long time ago.
    Or maybe you will stop when you reach the mental age of 4.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Just stop echoing this stale "joke". It lost any humor value if it had any, a long time ago and is in extremely poor taste.
    This. I'm also really sick of this "joke" that comes up in every discussion about ReiserFS. There is nothing funny about a man who murdered his wife, it's not something one should talk lightly about. Once he serves his sentence as determined by the judiciary he will be allowed to walk free, start again in life and hopefully, maybe, become a better person. That's the law and it's ok, but the loss and grief felt by Nina's loved ones will never disappear. Out of respect, we should never make fun of that.
    Last edited by jacob; 28 February 2022, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by a7v-user View Post
    I liked that Reiserfs is very compact, especially if you have a volume with many small files.
    I mean a 380ish GB Reiserfs volume would take up 420ish GB on ext4. Might not seem like a big difference but it's the difference between 40 GB free instead of 80 GB free on a normal sized 500(460) GB disk.
    It was the first Linux FS to support tail packing but btrfs does it too.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied

I don't see how your "joke" is supposed to help with it. It is being removed because it is not maintained anyway, so you are adding nothing useful here.

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied

Just stop echoing this stale "joke". It lost any humor value if it had any, a long time ago and is in extremely poor taste.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied

Nothing is really comparable to Reiser though. It has certain killer features.

Leave a comment:

• AndyChow
    replied
    Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
    I wonder about JFS as well. I use JFS on any old system I put Linux on because it is supposed to be the lightest on CPU of any Linux FS, but you don't hear about JFS getting much love today.
    I bet there are plenty of mainframes out there running JFS.

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied

FAT isn't comparable.
    Nothing is really comparable to Reiser though. It has certain killer features.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Tell that to the ones running factories with still-working several-decade-old machinery that only accept FAT. ;p
    FAT isn't comparable. It is a very simple filesystem and we have several well maintained implementations for all major operating systems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X