Ubuntu 16.10 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    Are they still stubborn about Mir/Unity? I hope they get part of Wayland and stop this Microsoftesque attitude :/
    Well at least they haven't forked Qt... yet.

Comment

Originally posted by danielnez1 View Post

Originally posted by danielnez1 View Post

YET!

They would do a full rewrite to attach their CLA in a total way. I suppose UTK (Ubuntu Tool Kit) will take 6-10 years to reach the c final 1.0 release, but it will be buggier than hell.

What's this stupid branding strategy of Ubuntu?. Now they also got slaved by Microsoft because of that Windows 10 subsystem.I feel ashamed this v is the most popular Linux distribution, it seems very ridicule.

Maybe I'm wrong, please correct it me...

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Donkey View Post
        Wow, this has been the most buggy installer in a long time (clean install). Had to nomodeset both the install and first boot (to get the Nvidia drivers installed) or else the screen would go black. 16.04 worked fine though with my Nvidia 970 - they must of broke something in this one.

It's also buggy as hell in my VMware VM - I had to disable 3d graphics for it to even boot.
        That's actually a common issue with post-4.6 kernels. I had this issue with any distro that ships with a kernel newer than 4.5. With Fedora, it would boot with 4.5.5, but not with 4.7.4, using Nouveau. I had to install NVIDIA's drivers from rpmfusion/negativo17.

Comment

Working...
        X