Ubuntu 16.10 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    It's released in news but links are nowhere to be found. Neither Ubuntu nor its spins, only 16.04 everywhere. Bad marketing is bad.
    Yep, http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/yakkety/release/ present and correct too.

Where exactly is it that you're are failing to find the ISOs?

Comment

ISOs does not appeared at a moment announce written, as usual some moment after.

So it is normal one can't find them at same second

Comment

Unity 8 looks great for what is essentialy an alpha release. Personaly I will stay with 16.04 at least until 17.04 because I prefer stable environments (plus IMO Unity 7 is the best desktop by far); however I am looking forward to see how this will evolve up until 18.04 LTS.

Comment

Just installed n just sent the first bug... nautilus left menu it's been different on each release for the last 6 years... always they change something and always something is wrong...

This hardrives are part of a zfs volume and should not be seen, they didn't in 16.04, so now when I open nautilus always there is in my case 18 harddrives that you can't do anything with because they belong to a zfs drive.... should be nice to see my 3 zfs volumes there, but not the 18 hardrives... you can see in the image 6 named RAID20TB 6 names RAID16TB and 6 named RAID24TB that are my 3 raidz2 zfs. Instead should be or the 3 zfs volumes, or nothing. They are by the way 18 luks drives and...

Comment

Wow, this has been the most buggy installer in a long time (clean install). Had to nomodeset both the install and first boot (to get the Nvidia drivers installed) or else the screen would go black. 16.04 worked fine though with my Nvidia 970 - they must of broke something in this one.

It's also buggy as hell in my VMware VM - I had to disable 3d graphics for it to even boot.

Comment

i'd like to know if they did any kind of improvement on unity 7... like bugfixes, memory leak fixes etc

Comment

Has anyone managed to install Wine in Ubuntu 16.10? When I run it I get the message that wine32-development is missing.

Comment

The most interesting feature to me is that it uses GCC 6 whereas 16.04 is GCC 5.

Comment

i upgraded from 16.04 and my polaris rx480 does just advertise opengl 4.1 because of llvm 3.8. does that mean i have to wait till oibaf or padoka update their ppas for 16.10 to get gl 4.3+?

Comment

Are they still stubborn about Mir/Unity? I hope they get part of Wayland and stop this Microsoftesque attitude :/

Comment

Working...
                      X