Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 16.10 Officially Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ubuntu 16.10 Officially Released

    Phoronix: Ubuntu 16.10 Officially Released

    Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" is now officially available as the latest version of this popular Linux distribution...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...16.10-Released

  • #2
    It's released in news but links are nowhere to be found. Neither Ubuntu nor its spins, only 16.04 everywhere. Bad marketing is bad.

    Comment


    • #3
      Should be here, at least this works for me

      http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.10/

      Comment


      • #4
        Did they include vdpau and vaapi this time?

        Comment


        • #5
          Can anyone login to the "GNOME on Wayland" using LightDM?
          I am having trouble with that, it does not work for me.

          Also, GNOME Terminal is buggy under Wayland, it has a ugly shadow. It is 3.20, too bad they didn't update it to 3.22.
          Evince under GNOME on Wayland has this ugly window decorator, I don't know, maybe it runs through XWayland.

          Comment


          • #6
            How it should be done

            https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/

            Comment


            • #7
              sudo do-release-upgrade doesn't work for me, yet.. Main servers set as update source...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bobwya View Post
                How it should be done

                https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/
                Yeah MATE seem most interesting 16.10 spin, as they claim total-GTK3 "It’s GTK3+ baby, all of it!"

                https://ubuntu-mate.org/blog/ubuntu-...final-release/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  It's released in news but links are nowhere to be found. Neither Ubuntu nor its spins, only 16.04 everywhere. Bad marketing is bad.
                  You can also use:
                  32Bit
                  https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desk...hitecture=i386

                  64bit
                  https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desk...itecture=amd64

                  Hope it helps

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Can anyone login to the "GNOME on Wayland" using LightDM?
                    I am having trouble with that, it does not work for me.
                    Nope, same problem here... Switched to SDDM and considering to switch to plasma completely...haven't used KDE in a while, so maybe it is time to give it a new spin

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X