Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
    http://box.jisko.net/i/377f958f.png
    The framerate is very unstable, and there are plenty of graphical errors.
    Also, the physics are totally wrong: it's CS:GO On Ice!

I got those nice graphs with this launch options:
    Code:
    GALLIUM_HUD="cpu0+cpu1+cpu2+cpu3,fps;VRAM-usage" %command%
    Last edited by bibaheu; 22 September 2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
      On Arch you have to delete a couple of libraries from the game to get it to run...

Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/libstdc++.so.6
      Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/libgcc_s.so.1

No sound, the guns in the inventory look weird, and it crashes loading maps with an Segmentation Fault.

This on Arch running on AMD HD5770 Mesa driver.
      Arch with nvidia blob here. No glitches and has sound (=

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
        I have sound too...

Comment

Runs great on max setting on 1440p as long as "Multi Core Rendering" is disabled. Might need LANG=C as environment when not using en_US as locale.

Comment

Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
            Intel Core i5-4590 (Haswell)
            AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
            AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (July 11)
            Steam Runtime/Environment Variables/Prefixes etc. all default, nothing modified!

- HUD scaling issues. Not a dealbreaker, can be worked around with "hud_scale 0.75" or similar for now
            - Sound issues all over the place. No sound in main menu, but ingame sound, well only AK47 & M4A4 that is, and positioning is also wrong, and... lots of sound issues overall
            - Decoys (bullets in the wall) and some background textures have graphical problems but overall, the graphics part works great and looks absolutely fine with high settings
            - Some crashes, especially when playing on a local server instead of online
            - Problems with physics, e.g. dead bodies sometimes moving and weapon recoil is pretty fucked

So yeah, not ready for primetime but those are all minor issues that should be easily fixable with hotfixes, overall all the systems and the game work as it should.

On a positive note, the performance is amazing. I get the same, high FPS that I get with Windows (100-200 FPS with 1080p high settings, depending on the map) AND the FPS are a lot more consistent and don't jump around nearly as much. It actually feels incredible smooth and input lag is non existant! Definitly seems like a brand new port of the Source Engine. This is especially awesome considering I'm using AMD Catalyst, and its last release was months ago.

DAMN what a great day I have been waiting for CSGO for so long, it's my #1 title I play.

Comment

PTS / OpenBenchmarking.org now has CS: GO support... Though yes game seems bit buggy but good enough to benchmark on Linux.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                PTS / OpenBenchmarking.org now has CS: GO support... Though yes game seems bit buggy but good enough to benchmark on Linux.
                I wonder what the difference is it seems to be running flawless for me.. Michael have you tried different systems/drivers to see if it's just a magic combo that works or if everyone is getting nailed... except apparently me and the nvidia dude.

Comment

I'm on Gentoo Linux AMD64.

Works quite OK with nvidia's driver on a GTX 780. FPS is high (pretty much same as under Windows), but sometimes it freezes.

No sound problems whatsoever. HUD and menus looks 100% the same as under Windows.

Mouse is totally screwed up though. Sensitivity is all messed up, and raw input doesn't seem to do anything.

The microphone also doesn't work, since it wants to use the line-in of my soundcard, while I'm actually using a USB mic. The Steam mic setup screen doesn't allow me to choose another device. That's a complete deal-breaker of course, since playing the game without a functioning mic is not possible.

But it's the first public release, so I suppose they will work out the quirks. Hopefully. For now, Windows is way better than Linux for this.

Oh, and I can't overclock my monitor under Linux. Stuck at 60Hz. So even if the game worked flawlessly, I'd still be playing in Windows. Linux still has a LONG way to go for gaming enthusiasts.
                  Last edited by RealNC; 22 September 2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
                    Intel Core i5-4590 (Haswell)
                    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
                    AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta v1.0 (July 11)
                    Steam Runtime/Environment Variables/Prefixes etc. all default, nothing modified!

- HUD scaling issues. Not a dealbreaker, can be worked around with "hud_scale 0.75" or similar for now
                    - Sound issues all over the place. No sound in main menu, but ingame sound, well only AK47 & M4A4 that is, and positioning is also wrong, and... lots of sound issues overall
                    - Decoys (bullets in the wall) and some background textures have graphical problems but overall, the graphics part works great and looks absolutely fine with high settings
                    - Some crashes, especially when playing on a local server instead of online
                    - Problems with physics, e.g. dead bodies sometimes moving and weapon recoil is pretty fucked

So yeah, not ready for primetime but those are all minor issues that should be easily fixable with hotfixes, overall all the systems and the game work as it should.

On a positive note, the performance is amazing. I get the same, high FPS that I get with Windows (100-200 FPS with 1080p high settings, depending on the map) AND the FPS are a lot more consistent and don't jump around nearly as much. It actually feels incredible smooth and input lag is non existant! Definitly seems like a brand new port of the Source Engine. This is especially awesome considering I'm using AMD Catalyst, and its last release was months ago.

DAMN what a great day I have been waiting for CSGO for so long, it's my #1 title I play.
                    I had the same issues

Hello. I can get in to the main menu and everything seems to be ok but when I try to start a new offline game with bots the game crashes. Also, sound doesn't work. Doesn't matter if I use my dedica...

fixed it for me. Runs great most of the time, but sometimes I get FPS drops (severe on Cobblestone). Runs on R9 290x, Catalyst 14.6 (Beta)

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                      Yet another reason to use the nvidia blob

Comment

Working...
                      X