Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
    Yet another reason to use the nvidia blob
    I'm almost certain you don't have a choice (yet) when gaming with NVIDIA.

Comment

Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
      On Arch you have to delete a couple of libraries from the game to get it to run...

Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/libstdc++.so.6
      Counter-Strike Global Offensive/bin/libgcc_s.so.1

No sound, the guns in the inventory look weird, and it crashes loading maps with an Segmentation Fault.

This on Arch running on AMD HD5770 Mesa driver.
      No need to delete anything, and it could be harmful to do so. Reanme the files or do this instead:
      Using the FOSS Radeon driver crashes Steam and X upon starting the application. Neither the [Stable] repositories or the [Testing] repositories can get it working. When it does run there is an Open...

Code:
      LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1" ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/run.sh steam

Comment

Long night... http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ux_blobs&num=1
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is one of the more exciting Linux-related news lately. This game has been waited for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
            This is one of the more exciting Linux-related news lately. This game has been waited for a long time.
            There aren't even hats. What's to get excited about?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
              There aren't even hats. What's to get excited about?
              Thats a good point

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                Mouse is totally screwed up though. Sensitivity is all messed up, and raw input doesn't seem to do anything.
                Raw input is an Windows API to workaround bad Windows mouse input, ofcourse it would do nothing in Linux and there is no need for it here.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                  Raw input is an Windows API to workaround bad Windows mouse input, ofcourse it would do nothing in Linux and there is no need for it here.
                  Er, no. It's not a Windows API. Getting the mouse input from X.Org instead of reading from the input device directly is bad, since X.Org will be applying acceleration, which destroys FPS games.

Right now, one of the reasons the game is unplayable for me, is because of the mouse.
                  Last edited by RealNC; 23 September 2014, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Sell my copy

Hi
                    could I sell my copy? I mean it works fine but I was expecting some story playing and not silly arena combat.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                      Hi
                      could I sell my copy? I mean it works fine but I was expecting some story playing and not silly arena combat.
                      Thanks
                      Yes, put it in a zip and upload it somewhere and then sell the URL on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                      X