Fedora Workstation 41 To No Longer Install GNOME X.Org Session By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by access View Post
    Well... I better head over to beautiful Windows then and set display scaling to 125% and enjoy my PSh Terminus 12pt session

https://i.imgur.com/564pxl3.png
    Sorry, cannot relate, maybe you don't need to use something new fancy and broken. cmd.exe has zero issues:

Nice try though, Blademasterz is totally onboard.

Bitmap font rendering under Wayland with fractional scaling enabled is broken for terminal emulators. And, no, Windows is not affected.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• Originally posted by avis View Post

cmd.exe has zero issues:
      come on avis, you are talking about an operating system that only supports one core in 2024, whether cmd.exe supports fractional scaling or not is the least of any issues there.

Comment

• Originally posted by mSparks View Post

come on avis, you are talking about an operating system that only supports one core in 2024, whether cmd.exe supports fractional scaling or not is the least of any issues there.
        It feels like most of avis's posts are him saying he uses software from the 80's, complaining that new software is different from that, and wondering why everyone else isn't happy to stick with the old stuff.
        Last edited by smitty3268; 15 March 2024, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

It feels like most of avis's posts are him saying he uses software from the 80's, complaining that new software is different from that, and wondering why everyone else isn't happy to stick with the old stuff.
          thats a bit cruel.
          NTFS wasn't introduced until 1993, and no one really needs more than 8bit/256chars folder depth to store their ascii art cat photos in for viewing with glorious fractional scaling in cmd.exe

The 90s were way cooler than any of the following decades.
          Last edited by mSparks; 15 March 2024, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Ctrl-alt-f1 gives the system console with bitmap font rendering in all its glory when necessary. But Plasma Konsol on Wayland is working just fine with fractional scaling. I know Gnome terminal is also fine. Why would someone need bitmap font rendering in Wayland or X11? Do you guys mean using monospace fonts for terminal and text editors instead of variable space fonts?

Comment

• Originally posted by mSparks View Post

Which OS supports one core in 2024? Windows has supported multicore CPUs since XP.

And I'm not sure why I shouldn't be using perfectly working cmd.exe when its modern alternatives are far from perfect. I'm not a fan of BROKEN new stuff, sorry. Specially Waytrash.

Comment

• Windows 2000 has multi-core/socket support. Can't remember if it was licence locked however...not much point saying this, just mostly of interest
                Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by avis View Post

Which OS supports one core in 2024?
                  Windows

If you think you can do better, R is open source and a milti trillion dollar industry would love you to fix it, Microsoft's solution was WSL2 and to use an Ubuntu distribution for azure and their super computing systems..

But just because they couldn't get more working, doesn't mean you can't do better.
                  Originally posted by avis View Post
                  Windows has supported multicore CPUs since XP.
                  Uhuh
                  And pink unicorns are really real.
                  Last edited by mSparks; 18 March 2024, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X