Raspberry Pi OS Now Based On Debian 12 "Bookworm" + Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etherman View Post

It probably does but it simply doesn't work for my setup with dual GPUs and dual users.
    So two different users logging in simultaniously on the same machine each using a GPU?

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post

So two different users logging in simultaniously on the same machine each using a GPU?
      Yes. It's quite easy to set up.
      Code:
      # loginctl attach seat-2 /sys/devices/pcisomething/something/drm/card1 /sys/devices/<path-to-mouse> /sys/devices/<path-to-kbd>

Comment

BTW one thing worth mentioning is that Raspberry PI 3 and older devices won't run Wayland but X11 instead:

As usual, Raspberry Pi 3 users are getting the shaft.
        Last edited by kurkosdr; 16 October 2023, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etherman View Post

Yes. It's quite easy to set up.
          Code:
          # loginctl attach seat-2 /sys/devices/pcisomething/something/drm/card1 /sys/devices/<path-to-mouse> /sys/devices/<path-to-kbd>
          I had no idea it was even possible. That is a really nice feature, albeit a bit of a niche.
          I am sure it will be fixed in time for when the various DE's remove the X11 session.

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post

Out of curiosity, how can you have no monitors or TVs? You just unplug the HDMI cable from another device and plug it into the Raspberry Pi.
            Sure, I could do it if I had another device connected to a monitor or TV through HDMI. As I said, I have no TV or monitor, at all.

I have only a phone and a MacBook for work, and both have embedded monitors.

Comment

Working...
            X