Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's CBL-Mariner 2.0 Linux Distribution Adds Clippy

Phoronix: Microsoft's CBL-Mariner 2.0 Linux Distribution Adds Clippy

Microsoft has released an updated version of its CBL-Mariner 2.0 in-house Linux distribuiton that includes various security patches, new packages being added to the OS, and a variety of other updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

distribuiton

Comment

I personally have no interest for Microsoft Linux. I dont care for those spying/data hoarding/always online operating systems of theirs .

Probably they will inject their “CBL” with those nice features too . I dont say Linux is perfect ,but its a heck of a lot better.

Comment

Funny thing. Rust Clippy was named as a reference to Microsoft's Clippy, as a reference to how bothersome and unhelpfully pedantic C linters can be, depending on the conventions used in the codebase.

Comment

Another clickbait...

Comment

What a clickbait

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
              Another clickbait...
              What the article doesn't spell out is that clippy is official Rust linter. It has no links to Microsoft whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What the article doesn't spell out is that clippy is official Rust linter. It has no links to Microsoft whatsoever.
                Yes, the name of the clickbait article is "Microsoft's CBL-Mariner 2.0 Linux Distribution Adds Clippy" and the only image is:
                image.php?id=2023&image=microsoft_clippy.webp

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

The article is rather clear on that... if you read the whole article.

Comment

Now that's a proper use of clickbait! Not like a lot of the other garbage out there.

TIL: There's a Rust lint out there, for when/if I ever actually start working on a Rust project.

Comment

Working...
                    X