• Show
Clear All

• rogerx
    replied
    Eh... murdered a paper clip!

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied

Oh dear Lord my back. Somebody get me to the chiropractor.

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerx View Post
    I usually always turned the annoying little perky jerk off. However, I found the original Microsoft Clippy to be very useful during the Bill & Linda divorce. The following is a clip from a CBC broadcast. [...]
    Dear World, I just...

BtrjvM9CUAAJaKf.png

Leave a comment:

• rogerx
    replied
    Eh, the ol' take an old failed project name and use it for something else not very popular, and advertise using misleading images/hype from the old failed project. And this time, it had to be a rust project.

I usually always turned the annoying little perky jerk off. However, I found the original Microsoft Clippy to be very useful during the Bill & Linda divorce. The following is a clip from a CBC broadcast. Enjoy!

CBC News, "Because News", 2021.10.07 1633614728836.mp3

cbc-becausenews-clippy-20211007-1633614728836.mp3

The original broadcast was ~30 minutes long, this is just a ~5 minute clipping.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Duve View Post

The article is rather clear on that... if you read the whole article.
    I read it, it didn't seem clear to me. It includes a link to the project on github, but that's it. The actual info that clippy is part of the official toolchain I couldn't find in the article. But it was just a remark, in case Michael wants to do a better job next time. I'm fine either way.

Leave a comment:

• Drizzt321
    replied
    Now that's a proper use of clickbait! Not like a lot of the other garbage out there.

TIL: There's a Rust lint out there, for when/if I ever actually start working on a Rust project.

Leave a comment:

• Duve
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What the article doesn't spell out is that clippy is official Rust linter. It has no links to Microsoft whatsoever.
    The article is rather clear on that... if you read the whole article.

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

What the article doesn't spell out is that clippy is official Rust linter. It has no links to Microsoft whatsoever.
    Yes, the name of the clickbait article is "Microsoft's CBL-Mariner 2.0 Linux Distribution Adds Clippy" and the only image is:
    image.php?id=2023&image=microsoft_clippy.webp

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    Another clickbait...

Leave a comment:

• StarterX4
    replied
    What a clickbait

Leave a comment:

Working...
X