Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 34 To Release Next Week As A Very Exciting Update

Phoronix: Fedora 34 To Release Next Week As A Very Exciting Update

After it was pushed back last week due to blocker bugs, on Friday it was determined that Fedora 34 is now in proper shape to officially ship next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Although I don't like rpm based systems, It looks very attractive, and I even considered to try it!

Comment

Any one running MythTV on Wayland? Any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
        The new desktop UI is nice. No extensions for me.
        Yeah same here. I haven't used any extension for years.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
          Any one running MythTV on Wayland? Any issues?
          There's an issue right now. Its a myth so no one can run it.

Comment

I spend half my life in pavucontrol trying to get audio to come out the correct output. Sure hope there's a PipeWire equivalent.

Comment

Thanks Fedora devs!! This is how you do a proper solid Linux Desktop. No additional extensions for me either. It's gonna be a heck of a release for sure!

Comment

I've been using it since the beta release and have had almost any issue.
                The only thing that scarred me was the new Gnome UI but, in the end, I got used to it in less than 20 minutes.

F34 is just another great release.

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
                  I spend half my life in pavucontrol trying to get audio to come out the correct output. Sure hope there's a PipeWire equivalent.
                  I use pavucontrol (build from git on arch) with Pipewire just fine. I would guess as pipewire-pulse is a drop in replacement will they just fix bugs with pavucontrol instead of replacing it for no reason.
                  Server API versions < 35 do not support PA_COMMAND_SEND_OBJECT_MESSAGE one of these is current Pipewire pulseaudio server. Do not quit on error sending message to object,...
                  Last edited by Toggleton; 24 April 2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post
                    Although I don't like rpm based systems
                    I'd understand preference for a specific package manager, i.e. the thing a user actually interacts with, but what the heck is the deal with not liking a package format? As a casual packager, I like the .spec file format but whatever the package generator puts out (heck, you can even define .deb packages using .spec files) is completely irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                    X